Sunday, June 2, 2013

Status Quo Sunday Goes OFF To The Conventions

Finished off "Force Of Nature", so I have the first 10 minutes of the album complete.

I don't think I'll get much done on it this week or next, since I'm prepping for the two cons I have this week. Here's the poster design I plan on selling, along with an 11x17 version of the album cover:


















SO, on to other matters:
-OFF, an RPG Maker game that's been become very popular in the past few months, has a Let's Play on Something Awful that is in the process of wrapping and HOLY EFFING ESS is it a hell of a ride. I'd link it, but they might be locking out lurkers.

Regardless, it's left itself open to all sorts interpretations, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into it. As a denizen of Tumblr, I've had every bit posted in GIF and JPEG form, and the ending STILL blindsided me. 

-Speaking of weird crap that's being LP'd, Retsupurae is showing us how to play the "Ambition" series.

Way before NewGrounds was the Williamsburg of the Internet, where lots of indie talent can be recognized, it was the regular crappy Brooklyn of the Internet, where there was titties and stick figures.

So I guess NewGrounds is the Las Vegas of the Internet then...

Point is, the Zap Dramatic series was probably one of the first more serious things to come out of NG. Looking back, these things were terrible. The answers were obvious once you figured out the pattern (talk about the other person), and the art was WOW BAD. And it hasn't gotten better.

-Finally, "Invisiball" has been put up for Playtesting.

No comments: