Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hero Hype Con Recap

Facebook and Tumblr peeps have already seen this, but here's my Hero Hype Con Recap Video:


And now those aforementioned shout-outs (seriously, I met a LOT of people):
LAST LAFF MAGAZINE- The dudes who ran the show. Thanks! The "Let's start up a convention!" thing seems to be springing up a lot (at least in Florida), it's something I can respect in a way, and you'll never know what will catch on.

BRONIES OF SOUTH FLORIDA- The guys who I ripped off the pics from. (Sorry!) Talking to them for a bit, it sounds like they're a group that just goes to conventionsand goes on outings and stuff, kind of like the Boy Scouts, only instead of starting campfires and helping old ladies across the street, they watch My Little Pony. That's what Zippo Lighters are for.

DARKSIDE GLOBAL- A comic anthology that's looking to promote themselves at the convention. There's not a lot there right now, but it looks promising.

CHARLES HDEZ- Artist of aforementioned comic. I won a free print from him, that now hangs on my wall!

GRIFTER'S CUSTOM CREATIONS- Sponsor of the convention, they had a ton of great costumes to show off! They gave away a Red Hood mask to the winner of the costume contest.

KEVIN JOESPH - Comic artist who was giving away free ebooks of his comics Tart and Underwars.

BABY RABIEZ- People who sold all kinds of Fandom Merch. I got me a The Misfits belt!

THOR (Ryan Frye)-This guy looked A LOT like Thor. I mean seriously, he was really good. He was also in a short fan-film called Thor: Legacy which was better than what I was expecting.  

MADALORIAN MERCS- Like the 501st, they're a costuming group that helps out charities and creates quality costumes. They have a lot more personality to them, coming in different colors, configurations, and battle wear, and the red one won 1st place in the costume contest (which I helped judge). I really do have a lot of appreciation for guys who have the craftsmanship (and money) to put these together.

PLANET X: PART II: THE FROZEN MOON- One of the many short films going on there.

No comments: