Saturday, May 7, 2016

PODCAST RECAPS FOR 5/7/2016: PAX East PAXnanigans

I'D RATHER NOT EPISODE 7

This was my pick, so I chose the question of: Would you rather have photographic reflexes, but forget things once you learn something new, or would you rather have super strength, but have to eat a shitton of calories to maintain your body.

The first option was inspired by Taskmaster BECAUSE YOU FUCKERS SHOULD KNOW WHY AT THIS POINT:
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111152469/3695841-kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg
Depicted: A man forgetting who his wife is. 

The other was inspired by this post by Kelly Turnbull, the author of The Punchline is Machismo:
Superhero comic where the main character keeps struggling with balancing his crimefighting and civilian life with the like, 7000 calories a day and extensive exercise regimen you need to maintain those giant hulking bodybuilder physiques.
My favorite part of this podcast is Andy referring to his super strength as his "secret muscles"


I'D RATHER NOT EPISODE 8

Spider business is serious business. So, let's countdown the Top 3 Spiders I would not like on me:
Goliath Birdeater, Theraphosa blondi
The New World Tarantula is fucking gigantic, and really hairy, but is not known to be toxic to humans

Giant Huntsman Spider, Heteropoda maxima
Huntsman spiders do not build webs, but actively forage their food. Normally they don't bother humans, and the give warnings, but seriously, look at that thing.

Golden Silk Orb-weaver, Nephila clavipes
Golded Silk Orb-Weavers build their webs 2-8 feet off the ground to just be dicks, and produce very strong silk. However, after I wake up and kill the spider I'm immediately distracted by the web 2 inches from my face.

I'D RATHER NOT EPISODE 9
According to Wikipedia, Blue Gender was heavily censored on Toonami, so lil' Andy could now see WAY MORE sex and tiddies in the official release.

Now, this was an especially depressing episode for me, because Owen specifically namedropped Chrisley Knows Best, aka A Southern Man With an Effeminate Voice Says Shit In The Middle Of RAW.


No comments: