Monday, November 30, 2015

Status Quo Sunday is Really Just Black Friday on Rhythm Bastard Time

This week's jam:


I have professed my love for Janelle Monae in the past, but recently I got turned on to Estelle, who most people who know of her from he role as Garnet on the series "Steven Universe". She also sings the theme songs for that show and "We Bare Bears":


Why Estelle? Well, it recently came to my attention that she sang the song "American Boy" (feat. Kanye West), which is song that always seemed to show up in the background if I were in a public place long enough, recognized by it's sweet, airy chorus. Like most of those songs, the hook is recognizable, but I never had a title, artist or any other part to attribute to it.

ENOUGH OF THAT, NEW SHIT!
Chibi Pa 2015 Recap Video is out!


This one is done (relatively) on time! Unfortunatley, there are a lot of costumes I wanted to feature, but couldn't for timesake (I shoot for under 3 minutes)

PHYSICAL COPIES OF STATUS QUO RADIO ARE COMING!
And they'll be (hopefully) available at Holiday Matsuri! This took way to long to get done, because of internet screwups and everything, and I was going to include some ARG type stuff, but they're coming out, it's going to be very cool, I've been working really hard on all of this, and learning a SHITTON of Photoshop.

I ALSO GOT GUITAR HERO LIVE!
So far, I'm enjoying it, but the new guitar layout takes some getting used to. The feature I'm making the most use out of is GHTV, and leaving it on in the background while I've been working on the album design stuff. The song list/GHTV setlist is very solid, with a lot of good recent songs, and a fuckton of indie songs that don't suck, so the list has been pleasant to play through.

Really, the main difference between the two games is the same as it always has been: GH for loners, Rock Band for party people, but it's imnportant to note that the latter has a backlog of over 1500 songs, and is committed to monthly updates. Rock Band is safe and sound, being very secure in the weekly DLC, and for Guitar Hero to continue, it needs to keep updating with adding more content to GHTV every week.




No comments: