Monday, November 23, 2015

Status Quo Sunday vs. The Eldrazi

This week's jam:


NEW SONG! "Attack On Eldrazi", inspired by the new Battle For Zendikar set. I took a lot of cues from The Aquabats! especially the “Floating Eye Of Death!” era.

This lovely art work is made by @godbirds! He was great to work with and you can also follow him on @ciphir and get more MtG-based doodles!

Here’s my other MTG songs:
“Hunting Bigger Game” (Magic 2015)
“Force Of Dragons” (Khans Of Tarkir)

“Change The War” (Fate Reforged)
“Unbroken” (Dragons of Tarkir)

ULTRACON! Didn't play. Some stuff got shifted around, leaving only one panel room, and I got shifted out of a time slot.

I still had fun, and I helped run a panel with Just Guys Playing Games. Inspired by PAXAMANIA and The PAX Rumble, me and JGPG held a rumble of our own, where we held a tournament on WWF's No Mercy on the N64, winner getting a free Luchador mask. I wish it was a little better attended, but we managed to get a full 4 player game going, and were able to crown a winner!

OTHER STUFF I DID!
-Ultimate Championship Wrestling and a game of Zombies! at the same time. I wish I was in the crowd, marking it up like a mofo, but even with my influence, the crowd was only sorta into it. The people affiliated with this were also part of Florida Super Championship Wrestling, but that was closed down by the con that they originally worked with.

It's VGCW IRL, and it was fun to watch. I hope to see it develop/go on more regularly than once a year.

-An Epic game of Epic with the people from ConJunkie. Thankfully two of the people I played against were familiar with MTG. The e-mail for my Champion Tier card came in, and all these games I've been playing have given me an idea of what cards I like, and what I want to have on my card.

-Buying lots of shit, primarily a sweet set of MTG inspired coasters from Nookingtons and a carved wooden deckbox courtesy of Altruistic., which in doing my research for this, also has a Taskmaster Cosplay replica shield.

SO WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Better than last year, for sure. It did feel empty because of the size upgrade and the fact there are two other cons that same weekend, but if the con can stay at this level of quality on a better weekend (since Chibi Pa was last week in the same area, and Megacon had an event the same day), it can start to grow.

WHAT'S NEXT?
For one, the recap videos to these things, also getting the work done for physical copies of Status Quo Radio. I have some new songs in various stages, so hopefully I can get a lot of work done with the Holiday Weekend. With me, the problem is I get overwhelmed with how much I want to do.

Oh well, see you next week!

No comments: