Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Sampler Of Status's To Quo

This week's jam is CRAZY FRESH, yo:


Summer Games Done Quick is going on, and I wanted to play a song that's both summery, and has to do with running. Currently, there's a race for Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. It's weird, finding more than one person who gave a shit about that game. It's weird to see that Naughty Dog went from that, to Jak and Daxter to Uncharted, the DEFINITION of polish.

The song doesn't feature Cee-Lo Green's vocals very well, but he's able to convey the right urgency for the song, while still sounding good. For something similar, look to the bridge of "Fuck You" when he screams "WHYYY LAAADY?"

Danger Mouse drops the beats like it's 1979 up in here, and while the hook isn't as memorable as "Crazy", it's punchy to go with Cee-Lo's golden selling of every line.

ENOUGH MUSIC TALK, TIME FOR SOME ANIME BULLSHIT!

CHIBI-PA SAMPLER TIME MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

HOW DOPE WAS CHIBI-PA?
It was pretty good! For a small con, it felt big, and it was crowded. Dead after the costume contest, but before then it was poppin'. Saw 80% of my So-Flo con bros, and if my Dad didn't fuck it up too bad, I've got some video footage!

For $5, you got pretty much you'd get some panels, a game room, a cosplay contest and a dance, all of which convientiently located next to a bar with a hotel. Oops, did I say that wrong?




This was a "sampler" for the main Chibi-Pa Show in November. No details have been announced on THAT yet, but I know last year they had a pretty good lineup for a smaller show.

The only thing missing was a tabletop room, but from what I heard, it was a last minute cut on the venue. If this is a clue to what Chibi-Pa will be like in November, I'm down!

I also remember it's been a while since I updated the Flickr account, so I'll probably post stuff from that when I get some free time, or am not sleepy.

All I can say is, NOW I AM SO PUMPED FOR ORLANDO NERD FEST!!!

Also, Hulk Hogan said some REALLY racist shit recently, and WWE has been going to great lengths to scrub him from the records. We're talking "WE WERE ALWAYS AT WAR WITH EURASIA!!!" type shit with possibly the biggest sports star of the 80's.

When I first heard this news, It was in the context of a radio interview he did where he was telling a story about hanging around Booker T, Timaland, and the producers for his daughter Brooke's album, all saying "My Ni--a", and he started copying them, and my first thought was, "It's bad, but not that bad. It could get him in some trouble, but the WWE has done much worse"

Then the actual words came out.

Yeah, saying "I am a racist" then dropping the N-Bomb is indefensible. Given that he's worked with so many black wrestlers and had black fans over the years and says that is mind-boggling.

This was said in a private conversation, that Hogan may or may not have been aware that was recorded, so he was probably more candid and looser than in "everyday life", but this was still a major screwup.

You know what fixes screwups? Admitting to it.
You know what REALLY fixes screwups? Learning from the messing up.

To end this on a slightly better note, new song this Sunday!
For those of you lucky enough to come to my Chibi-Pa Show, you'll see what it is.
All I'm saying is, I predate all of NateWantsToBattle's songs by about 40 years.

No comments: