Monday, May 11, 2015

Status Quo Takes Flight

This week's jam:

YOU'RE- WELCOME

MUSIC NEWS:


And with that, we bring the Khan-cept album to a close. I really enjoyed working on all of these, and I like that the paces of the songs matched the sizes of the sets in the Khans of Tarkir block. Khans and Dragons of Tarkir were the large sets, and "Force Of Dragons" and "Unbroken" were fast songs. Fate Reforged was the small set, "Change The War" was the slow song.

Were the songs any good? Yeah, I loved writing them. Was I accurate? Well, that's up for you to decide. 
Mad props to all the Uncharted Realms writers!

For the uninitiated, the basic story of this recent block was this:
1.A world where everyone killed all the dragons, and taken over by clans who fight each other all the time.
2. Wait a sec, we need the dragons, we gotta go back to the past.
3. Cool, dragons are back now.

I might throw together a small EP or something and sell it for a dollar on BandCamp. The mailing list has already downloaded their MP3s.

WARNING MAGIC THE GATHERING TALK AHEAD
The drafting in this set was fun as well, and each format relied on their own strategies. I have a 6 AM ride out tomorrow, so I won't go deep into it, but I might at a later date.
OK MAGIC THE GATHERING TALK OVER.

Still getting ready for Omni Expo, working on my setlist, and I'm 99% sure I'm going to include "Unbroken" in there. Partly why I do these things is so I occasionally have something new to play at con shows :).

I'll be posting up a hype video for that, as well as one for Hero Hype Con. Also a couple other vids I'm finishing up, but work has been ridiculous lately, so who knows.

Also, shout out to why I post these things on Monday (Worried you'll have nothing to talk about? (NO!!)), the Restustream, based off the channel Retsupurae, which, while I realized there are 1000s of Smash Mouth "All Star" AMVs, there are a couple good ones, and here's one for "Radioactive", a song I'm sick of hearing. Just the editing along is enough to make things hype:


No comments: