Monday, May 25, 2015

Attack On Status Quo: Episode Sunday

This week's jam:


Omni Expo turned out a lot better than I was expecting, for someone who has only seen 6 episodes of Attack On Titan (one more since last year).

First off, a hearty hello to everyone who I met and a million thanks to everyone who came out to see my show on Saturday and Sunday! Sorry it was in the hot room with the less than optimal set up, but we made it work!
Some highlights:
-The concerts: EyeQ spits literal fire, and Ben Briggs knows how do run a DJ booth. Was also introduced to Boy Without Batteries, who introduced me to LSDJ, a program used to make music on Game Boys. Briggs and Boy Without Batteries hosted an electronic music production panel that I found very interesting. I've been considering going into

-Getting in a 4-player game of Boss Monster, and a bunch of games of Magic The Gathering. Boss Monster is a game where you want to AVOID opportunities to score for as long as possible. The object of the game is to build a dungeon where heroes come in to try and kill you, but you have to kill them first. Depending on the rooms in your dungeon, you atract different types of heroes. Therefore, it's usually smarter to avoid attracting heroes to your dungeon until you have a few rooms.

-More Gaijin Takiyaki. Candy wrapped in cake batter. MMM….

-Meeting up with TrueGeekRadio.

-Matt Mercer doing his Kirby voice from THERE WILL BE BRAWL. I just learned that he was/is the new voice of Kanji from Persona 4. If I would have known that, I would have asked him to do one of his quotes instead like :”IM GONNA RENOVATE YOUR ASS”

-Sleeping in my car. That was … fun. Remember kids, always book a hotel room in advance, ESPECIALLY if it’s memorial day weekend.

And that's pretty much it. My next show is at Hero Hype Con for Year 3. GET HYPED!

ALBUM/KICKSTARTER/MERCH-
Fuck you, I'm tired, and I've got 10 hour days this week. I will post something in the middle of the week to make up for no podcast though.

No comments: