Thursday, October 20, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Takes You To The Inventor's Fair

NEW SONG: THE INVENTOR'S FAIR



This song came together a little bit before the OFFICIAL MAGIC STORY was being published, because I kinda had an idea of the overall story and feel of the set, however until recently I didn't have the wherewithal to finish it.

But I'm proud of it, and thanks to moopuns, I was able to get it together to this shape.

I went with 70's punk for this because A. I wanted something simpler after getting weird and experimental with the Innistrad block and B. It fit in with the theme of rebellion and renegades fighting authority.

Sadly because of this I did not tap God-Bird Art for the cover art, but I will get back to him for Aether Revolt's cover.  You should still support his Patreon or commission him sometime!

Also, this happened:




THIS WEEK'S JAM



:D

THIS WEEK'S REAL JAM:


Rock Band Rivals came out the other day, and this week's Weekly Challenge is to play songs with "Love" in the title. This was one of the songs I got as DLC as part of a pack or something, and it went unplayed for a while. Then I played it, and loved it. Garbage I only know through "I Think I'm Paranoid", "Cherry Lips" and "Stupid Girl" so I always assumed they were this very soft, trippy alt-rock band, but "Why Do You Love Me?" is intense as all hell.

UPCOMING SHOWS
I updated the side bar!

CHECK OUT THE MERCH!
I'm running 3 deals right now, so you might want to check out Bandcamp:

  1. You can get all my merch for $30! 
  2. FREE POSTER with every purchase of Status Quo Radio!
  3. Status Quo Radio Digital Is Pay What You Want!
All of these are running through the end of October, since I'm going to be changing up a lot of things by the end of the month.

ROCK BAND RIVALS!
Fear #TheMegaMix! We're a team comprised of former RBN and current Rock Band Aide folks, who kick ass and take names. I'll try to update you all as things go on, but for now, it's late, and I need o get this shit done.

http://webcdn.harmonixmusic.com/media/blog/featured/RB_Rivals_-_Twitter.png

I like it so far! Rockudrama has actually been kinda funny, and Rivals mode got be back into regularly playing! Hopefully the momentum keeps up in the coming weeks, and this is a commitment to do more for RB4 in the long term.

No comments: