Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Loses The Alliteration, But Gains A Friend


Summer Time Merch Bundle! main photo

UPCOMING EVENTS:
 AFO RUMBLE! at Anime Festival Orlando and Mizucon are still on the table, next week's Status Quo is when I'll update everything, just in case a couple last minute things sneak through for August.

Other than that, I'm relieved I don't have a con thing until the end of July because then I have the opportunity to write new stuff.

For example, in the newsletter, I'm planning to include a new cover song with each edition. And as always, I'm working on the next Magic The Gathering track, and a couple new ones. I have a very crowded whiteboard, and as always I end up doing too much :(. At least I'm able to put things into Reaper now

Speaking of Reaper, I'm doing an Overwatch song, which I will premiere at my next con show. Guess in the comments who it's going to be about!

THIS WEEK'S JAM:


Yeah, this is one of those weeks where I didn't have a particular topic in mind, I just wanted a jam that goes by the theme I had planned. "Just A Friend" is one of those singalong songs that everybody knows, but they don't know. The chorus is as earworm as they get, but they always hear "He's just-" as "I'm just-" so while the song is actually about a guy who's being cheated on, most people think it's about girl who "friendzones" a guy. 

The song is filled with all these, "wait, wut" lyrics like "I asked her name, she said blah blah blah" and "I was talking to a girl from the U.S. Nation", but Biz Markie sells it so hard you can't help but have fun listening to him.

Image result for biz markie todd in the shadows

STATUS QUO STREAM:
Trying this again, it'll be tonight at 9 PM. Going to stream music work for a bit, then play some games.

Tonight's game is going to Hearhtstone, where's I'll be cramming in as many games as I can to improve my rank before the June Season ends. So far I'm at  16, highest being 11, so maybe we can get it done?

No comments: