Sunday, July 28, 2013

Status Quo Sunday Chops Your Head Off

AXE COP THE TV SHOW IS NOW OUT! 

While the spoken into is OK, it looks like it needs a shot of vitamin R-B:


I'm really liking the TV show so far, and I think Nick Offerman really fits in with the kind of humor they're going for which is to play everything completely straight. 

In album news, I'm officially on Act 2 of Status Quo Radio, and while there are a ton of rerecords and writing that I still have to do, it's not terribly far off. This week's track was a stripped down, acoustic version of Radio Days that I'll add the harmonica to later.

In other news, I saw The Wolverine. It was good up until it remembered "Shit, we have to be a comic book movie." You have all of these nice shots of Japan, the woods, all these really nice houses, and then the last 30 minutes takes place in some underground laboratory, where everything is cut so frantically I can hardly keep up. The best action takes place when it tried to be a samurai movie that just so happens to feature a dude with claws coming out of his hands.


No comments: