Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 20th, 2012 Videos Of The Week

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Boom (Smash Stuff)" by Akira The Don at XFM

Sampling the song "Connection" by Elastica, here comes "Boom!" EXPLODING OUT OF YOUR SPEAKERS.

GET IT?

No, but seriously, you ever have a jam session and everyone is just so into it and on point that's it's the greatest fucking thing ever? Akira the Don, Why Lout and friends perform "Boom" live on XFM radio, and they're feelin' it, man.

The song, or at least the remix is on ATD's mixtape "Third Hand Wire Riffs". It has a lot of good songs set to 90's alt-rock beats, and I think it's the first ATD thing I ever downloaded.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Levels" by Avicii

In the same day I was shown "Legs" by ZZ Top, I was shown this video for my master class on "What The Hell Is This: Music Videos 101".

I am now convinced that dance videos are possibly the new forefront of  the art of music video. No words to give context, only pure raw id, since the "hey we're at a club" scenario is played out, so the only thing left to publish is insanity set to infectious dance beats in beat to the mix.

No comments: