Saturday, June 23, 2012

"Hell Yeah" RBN Liveblogging Part 2



8:19 PM- Warming up my vocals, trying to get the "Obsessive Compulsive" Achievement. Got the wifi to work on this laptop, so I don't have to go back and forth.

8:37 PM- 100% on "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver"

9:04 PM- DOWN TO BUSINESS. First transfer. Sound levels: could be better. Drums, in all of my initial tests, were coming in low, here it sounds acceptable. However later in the song, there's a guitar solo, and it comes in really soft, while the BG comes in louder. So I'm probably going to have to do some Audacity Work.

9:40 PM- Did a couple runthroughs of the song, focusing right now on the timing of the vocals before I work on leveling. One thing I need by me whenever I do vocals is like a mini keyboard so I don't have to guess at the melody. Hmm...

9:54 PM- Found guitar, using that. BOOSH!

10:04 PM- Watching "Todd In The Shadows" while the latest version uploads to the Xbox.

10:12 PM- Back to the guitar to figure this damn thing out. So far, it's coming along. FUCK YOU AUTOMATIC VOCAL DETECTION IN REAPER.

10:41 PM- Got the melodies as best I can for now. Fortunately Matt, the backup singer did a pretty good job on this, and was pretty accurate.

No comments: