Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 13th, 2012 Videos Of The Week

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Everyone Says Hi" by David Bowie on Live With Regis and Kelly

On the heels of my last post, I put up the first song I've ever associated with Bowie in its proper form. It's a nice, sweet little song about longing, and missing. However, I think I like the Metro Mix from Amplitude better. The Metro Mix sounds "emptier" and it places the image in my mind that the singer is really on his own, calling out to this big, empty void. Or maybe I got the Amplitude stuck in my head. Xenu, I can't wait for Rock Band Blitz!

It's amazing how much his voice sounds like Dylan. It was never powerful or aggressive, and going into his back catalog, I can see this sort of wanting tone to everything he sings.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "The Bad Touch" by The Bloodhound Gang

MONKEYS! SEX! SCREW YOU MOM AND DAD!
Yeah, dipping back into the "song I saw on MTV as a kid and loved, but prayed to God Mom and Dad wouldn't catch me watching it on TRL" well on this one.
One reason rap isn't very popular is because I'd like to believe most people are listening to it "wrong". You can't listen to it like a standard pop song where there's a distinct melody or "tune". When a rapper gets into a good flow, the voice becomes another instrument in itself, like a one note guitar solo.

But this song has monkeys and sex in it and to 11 year old me, it's like I discovered GOLD.   







No comments: