Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27th, 2011 Videos Of The Week

Playlist Updated

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Sharp Dressed Man" As Made Famous By ZZ Top performed by Rick K. and the All Nighters


In my experience from bands I was in that never made it to their first gig, drummers fall into two catergories:
The Phil Rudd- "I'm just here to play the basic beat. Leave me alone and tell me if we have any groupies leftover for me,"
AND
The Mike Portnoy- "Everything can use a Double Bass Pedal solo, right?"

This man is in a category all his own.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold

Fresh off Rock Band 3, it's "Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold.

The more commonly quoted factoid is that the song was inspired several verse of Chapter 17 in the Book of Revelations, ("Seven headed beast, ten horns raised from his head" "hatred strips her and leaves her naked"), but what I didn't know was the black tar effect, of those who have had their souls taken, was from the 8th circle of hell in Dante's Inferno.

No comments: