Monday, July 17, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Wields The Doomhammer

This isn't about Hearthstone

For once.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hearthstone.gamepedia.com/thumb/2/2c/Doomhammer_full.jpg/600px-Doomhammer_full.jpg?version=41008929842dd4ae9b7b430cc53ac522

HOUR OF DEVASTATION SONG "IMMINENT DOOM" COMING THIS THURSDAY!

God-Bird-Art did the art for this one and it's looking BADASS!

This one is a song inspired by Arch Enemy, both the band and Nicol Bolas Archenemy.


JAM OF THE WEEK:  "Square Hammer" by GHOST



For a band with a Satanic, Gothic priesthood gimmick their sound is a lot... lighter than I would expect. Not that that's a bad thing, because "Square Hammer" evokes some of the best of Dio's solo work, an era of heavy metal where it wasn't so much "heavy" as it was "grand", like organs and shit. It's that dissonance that makes the band more inviting.

This song and music video make me want to do an FMV game inspired by Ghost's work. Hey, if Chuck Tingle can get one, then so can Ghost. Like Phantasmagoria meets Bioshock. And of course "Square Hammer" would the song in the trailer, in the grand tradition of horror-themed FMV games having really well put together trailers out of their shitty FMVness

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/2/23546/2126077-fs.jpg

SOUNDCLOUD DYING? NOT REALLY? MAYBE?

Either way, I'm starting to shift a lot of my older songs off Soundcloud and onto stuff like Spotify and Youtube.

So, what that means is that I'm looking for people to do cover art for these releases. It could be just for a collection of older stuff, it could be per song, I'm not sure yet. If you're in the market for smaller commisons, shoot me an email.

Once that gets going, I'll do a regular feature where I highlight my older songs.


No comments: