Monday, April 10, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Heads Striaght To The Top

SUPERCON RETRO THIS WEEKEND! 


NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Miami Airport and Convention Center
Saturday, April 15th- 7:15 PM
MACC 2
Sunday, April 16th- 5:30 PM
MACC 1

I'm going to be at BOOTH# 1029 selling merch and hanging out!

JAM OF THE WEEK: "To The Top" by Twin Shadow

Just put on some headphones, and let yourself fall into this song. I first heard it on Tales From The Borderlands Ep. 4 this weekend, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. The series has always had excellent taste in music, and while this may not fit the wild-west futurey setting of Borderlands, it really packed a punch when it was used. Episode 4 begins with your crew going into space, and the song is so good at bringing forth this sense of awe and makes you determined to get to the climax of this adventure.

Which is then subsided half an hour later by the most ridiculous sequence in a video game I've played.

Jeff: isn't it the Baba O' Reilly chords?

Shut up.

STATUS QUO STREAM: Tales From The Borderlands Ep. 4


The series continues to deliver, and revitalize the old "Teltale Genre Game". It manages to strike a balance between making me care about the decisions I'm making and keeping a light enough tone that I'm not wrecked by them as I was with Fables and The Walking Dead.

No comments: