Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nerdist Presents: Henry Rollins

It's an amazing interview and every time this man opens his mouth I'm inspired. So I've started buying more RBN songs, inspired by Henry Rollins "One Album a Day" thing.

So far I've bought:
"-20% For Being A Loser" Very dirty, loose metal, kinda like The Melvins. -20% reccomendation if that shit's a My Little Pony reference.

"24-7"- Nice, laid back song with a good guitar line, and a strong drum beat. Resembles Young The Giant if you listen to your local alt rock station.

"28 Days"- Probably my favorite song out of the three, it's got a lot of energy. My best comparison? Probably R.E.M. in it's peppier tones.

Someone on the Something Awful Forums randomly tipped me off to this song, by Japanese artist Cornelius, "Last Night In Africa" and I LEGITIMATELY OBTAINED the album that came from, 69/96.

Also picked up Green Day's oldest album (1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours) and newest album (Uno!) in the same FYE trip.Listening to Uno! right now. Nothing terribly special. It's a return to more straight forward rock, but something feels lacking.

Right now, a lot of my efforts are on the Rock Band Network stuff and getting "Hell Yeah" and "Lars Attacks" passed and playtested. However, in addition to a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON, I'm trying to put out a new song every two weeks.

No comments: