Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Master Debating

All right, so,
1. It's been a while since my last post, and 2. For someone makes nerd friendly music, I don't really talk about "nerd stuff" much. I guess I don't have much time to post anyways, so that kind of falls by the wayside.

-Now kids, once upon a currently, there was a show called "Young Justice". My brother liked it, and I haven't seen an animated superhero show since Batman Beyond. We were looking for something to do in the lead up to Christmas, and this filled that void. It's good, and if you're familiar with DC Lore, I'd recommend it. Even for a neophyte such as myself, I get a lot out of it.

So I forget when, but in I think the 5th or 6th episode, there was a character called "Sportsmaster", a mercenary wearing a hockey mask resembling that of a skull. It was interesting, because the name sounded a lot like Taskmaster, a skull faced mercenary. I rock Tasky's logo on my guitar (it helps with covers), so the similarity was enough to check out Sporty's (new nickname) "deal". Now, despite the name similarities, the two are quite different.

You see, Sportsmaster is a skull masked mercenary with "photographic reflexes", the ability to replicate someone else's movements, who's under DC, and Taskmaster is skull masked mercenary with "photographic reflexes", the ability to replicate someone else's movements, who's under Marvel. BIG DIFFERENCE.

-Speaking of which, TM was on this past Sunday's "Ultimate Spiderman", and HOLY CRAP IS THAT SHOW OBNOXIOUS. I get it's not for me, but my God, it's like a Disney show on fast forward. The cutaways can really break the flow, and at a point it doesn't become a cohesive presentation, it's just things.

Though Coulson and Stan Lee cameos were pretty badass.


But I'm not watching that show again.

-Trials Evolution. Get it. It's only $15.

-Changeling, a comic by friend of the Bastard, Koltreg, is really starting to hit its stride. I also have a song in the works for it, so you might be able to hear that.

-AXE COP IS GETTING IT'S OWN TV SHOW!!

That's it for nerdy stuff! See you next time when I'll most up music videos or crushingly depressing news.

No comments: