Sunday, March 11, 2012

GIG RECAP: March 3rd At The Vault

All right, I don't remember the exact set list, but even though a few people came, those few people enjoyed it.

Some personal highlights:
1. "Robotman's Lament" I've thought about removing from my live rotation. It's repetitive, 5 minutes long and kind of "out there" for the bar crowd, but being self-aware helped the audience through it.

2. "Plug In Baby", a song I've played dozens of times before in Rocksmith, didn't do too bad in transition to live performing.

3. Dedicating the song "Pass The Class" to a friend's cousin who's still in school.

4. Premiering a new song, "Cliffhanger"

5. "Radio Days Pt. 1" and "Heroes Die" have never sounded better.

6. My guitar strap came undone before at the last chorus of Axe Cop, so what did I do? Hold it up in the air for all to see and continued belting out AXE COP! THAT'S HOW YOU END A SHOW!!!

I think given some practice and leveling out all my backing tracks, I'll be ready for I-Con!

No comments: