Saturday, March 24, 2012

Geraldo Rivera Is An Idiot, Koltreg Angries Up My Blood.

Webcomicker and friend, Koltreg recently posted this video on his Tumblr:


I'm not good at summaries, but it's pertaining to the case of this.

In this video, Geraldo Rivera goes on Fox and Friends and urges black and latino teens to not wear hoodies because it makes them look suspicious. He then says, because Treyvon Martin (more on him later) wore a hoodie, that is just as responsible for Martin's death as George Zimmerman, an overzealous neighborhood watchman. His logic is that because the hoodie is associated with gangster imagery, in prompted a response from Zimmerman.

Geraldo Rivera, let me drop some logic of my own:

Let's assume that Martin and Zimmerman both made "bad decisions", because you assume such a thing is binary.

Let's see the consequences:
Martin- Being kind of hot on a humid Florida night, looking suspicious due to years of racial profiling.
Zimmerman: ENDING ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE

Don't blame the victim here, BLAME THE GUY WHO ACTUALLY KILLED SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T DESERVE IT.

Yes, he acknowledges that racial discrimination is still A Thing, but it's A THING THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

In other Koltreg-made-me-mad news, this post reminds me of how much I hate me job.

In Tumblr related news, I consider getting one.

In other Tumblr related news, I decide not to.

No comments: