Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26th, 2011 Videos Of The Week

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba covered by They Might Be Giants


White people.

But seriously folks, I'm loving the A.V. Club Undercover series. I want to a batch of covers of my own. Someday...

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele


Normally I despise Top 40, but this really stood out to me as very intimate song, with a strong, primal beat. Florence and the Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" is similar, but unlike "Rolling", "Dog Days" never really did it for me. I'm not sure why.

I have no fucking clue what's going on in the video, so I won't try to decipher it. There's no real story bring told, but it goes along with the line in the song "But you played it to the beat". The plates cracking on the pane, the rows of water glasses, the drummer, and everything kicking in at just the right time supersede the action itself. What matters is that this all going to the beat.

But seriously, what the fuck is up with the cocaine ninja?

No comments: