Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blink 182 2 Reunite

YEEEAHH!!

Yes, the band that turned me into a teenager when I was 11 is reuniting after a 4 year hiatus. If I do another one of those "FILLER!" posts, I'll review Enema Of The State.

I'm glad they're back. At the same time, however, I'm filled with a certain amount of trepidation. Remember when Family Guy went off the air?

[INSERT RANDOM CUTAWAY HERE. IT WILL PROBABLY HAVE AN 80's REFERENCE]

We were pissed because it got canceled before its due, then we bought all the DVDs and now it's back and now it kinda sucks even though we said "THIS'LL BE AWESOME!!"? I'm worried that will happen, and it'll tarnish their older stuff like Take Off Your Pants And Jacket and Dude Ranch and make me question whether I liked it in the first place, like Family Guy.

We all liked that music back then (if you were born in the latter half of the 1980's), as it the most rebellious hard rocking thing on the Top 40 stations. The internet wasn't that big back then, there were no Guitar Heroes, Myspaces or iTunes, so it's not like we could have instantly discovered something else or "real". 182 was "punk" for kids back then, because it managed to keep it fun, mildly rebellious, and full of jokes we wouldn't get for another couple years.

MTV has another article on them that shows their influence in music and gives some history.

I should really work on my writing skills when I have a filler post like this. It just feels unorganized.

No comments: