Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Alt-Strum/DisneyWorld

Right, so I was going to talk about how bitchin' the Rock N' Roller Coaster was, but then I checked StatCounter, and that a lot of my referrals have been coming from a website called AltStrum. Out of curiosity, it turns out that I'm one of the links in their sidebar. Thanks a lot guys!

I've plugged Fake Plastic Rock before, so now AltStrum deserves similar attention. Unfortunately, it hasn't updated in a while (ahem), but still gets a plug. It posts up more newsy stuff like DLC releases (so basically it's like the Guitar Hero or Rock Band section of a bigger game blog), but it does put up some stand outs, like the charts of said DLC, and these:

100% FCs of Impossible Songs- This article links to videos of Full Comboing (the ENTIRE BAND) "Snow (Hey Oh)" and "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". This article introduced me to a YouTuber named GuitarHeroPhenom, a name that, while too arrogant for my tastes, is rather suitable.

Guitar Hero Rehab Patients- As an engineering major, I find this kind of stuff to be awesome. Basically, scientists rewired a Guitar Hero controller to respond to the movement of fingers in an amputated hand (i.e. Touch thumb and index for one fret, middle to thumb for another, etc.). Their scores are middling (70% at best), but it's still an amazing design.

Through The Fire In Flames in Lego- Pssh. Bet he can't do that on REAL Legos. Then I'll be impressed. Or at least until he builds a Lego guitar. That can play Guitar Hero.

GH:WT vs. RB2 Note CHart Comparisons- Some of the videos aren't availble, but what is there shows some very interesting differences (like how Everlong seems easier on GH:WT).

N.B. Actually, it updated the 7th, RIGHT AFTER I posted this entry.

-----------------------------

Aerosmith's Rock N' Roller Coaster was kick ass. Basically, it's this limo that speeds you through "Los Angeles" through corkscrews and loops, because you walked in on an Aerosmith recording session and they like you so damn much. The Tower of Terror (also in Hollywood Studios) was, as the kids say, bitchin', and wasn't that scary actually. It's more of the atmosphere that gives you the willies, and that's fine by me.

However, Aerosmith severely overestimates the lengths people will go to see on of their concerts.
THINGS I WILL TO DO SEE AN AEROSMITH CONCERT:
-Wait in line for an hour.
-Spend below $100 (goes for all concerts. I know, I'm a Cheap Bastard as well)
-Call a radio station to win tickets.
-Ride a roller coaster
-Ride in a limo
-Start a band that opens for Aerosmith.

THINGS I WILL NOT DO TO SEE AN AEROSMITH CONCERT:
-Pay more than $100
-Ride in a limo that practically flies through LA, or any vehicle where I would need a safety restraint.
-Take down the New Order Nation in a dystopian 1996.
-Pay money to play Revolution X
-Failing that, wasting enough quarters to play the game from beginning to end.
-OR, wasting more than an hour of my life playing the ROM to Revolution X.
-Fight through legions of anything, unless they're people I already have a problem with (Nazis, mass murderes, my little brother, emo kids, scenesters, etc.)

N.B. All sexual favors are on a case by case basis.
---------------

Next song IS "Learn To Fly".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, YouTube has been systematically taking down my YouTube comparisons due to complaints from "copyright holders". It's pretty annoying.

Living in Orlando, I've experienced the Aerosmith ride many a times - its a great "dark" coaster. Universal has a new "dark" coaster coming next year that supposedly will blow Aerosmith out of the water.

Thx for the plugs!

Rhythm Bastard said...

You're welcome, but actually, you're the one plugging me (checking stat counter I got 4 hits this past week). I appreciate the link from a bigger site. Or one that actually has a domain name. How'd you find out about me?

Another good dark coaster in Disney is Space Mountain. The wait times are ridiculous, but like every Disney ride, the queue kinda sets the scene.

We didn't go to Universal (stayed in Disney), but I'm am curious about this new coaster. Is it the AC/DC roller coaster? At least it's expected that it's the same thing everytime.