Friday, June 8, 2018

HERE'S SOME STUFF MIDWEEK!!! also africa by toto

PATREON SONG RELEASED! "LEGENDS"!
The 10 Most Interesting <i>Magic</i> Cards from the <i>Dominaria</i> Set
My new song, inspired by the Dominaria set for Magic The Gathering!

This one took a while because I got REALLY ambitious with it, and haven't been playing Magic as much as I have, but I'm please with the end result.

The set was all about Legendary creatures, and with so many in the set, I had to incorporate legends into the theme. Also, the set is a return to the previous "center" of the Magic Multiverse, Dominaria, so legendary planeswalkers like Teferi, Karn and Jaya Ballard make a comeback. But, it's mostly to set up the current generation of Planeswalkers (Gideon, Jace, Liliana, et al) and their story going froward.

Also, this song is about David Bowie.

FREE SONG: "E3 NUMBER 5"!


OK, so TheHashtagonist on Twitter, a writer and podcaster, made a parody version of Mambo No. 5 about E3, and I became REALLY TEMPTED. So I got home, got a free karaoke track, and got to work. All I really had to do was change some words around to fit better, and BOOM, you get this mess!

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen


OK, So I know this isn't regarded as the BEST Springsteen song, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately, primary because it's so different. The pacing is upbeat, Bruce begs more than sings, and the song is about that unique kind of depression where you're stuck in a rut and have nothing to do.

However, that specific synth sound, is so calming. It's still the main hook, but the edges are rounded enough that it acts like a sedative. Like, the synths in Toto's "Africa"- Wait.

Shit....

I mentioned Africa on the internet....

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Image result for africa by toto meme



undefined
Image result for africa by toto meme

No comments: