Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Gets All Magical Up In This

FLORIDA SUPERCON RETRO EVENT IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!

You can find all my info here! 

Submit requests, let friends know about it, do it up! Apparently I have a booth?

Saturday, April 15th- 7:15 PM
MACC 2

Sunday, April 16th- 5:30 PM
MACC 1

What is SUPERCON RETRO? It’s a throwback event to relive the vibe of FLORIDA SUPERCON before it got so big. We’re returning to our old building, the MACC (Miami Airport Convention Center), with a 3-Day RETRO event, and we’ll handpick guests from TV & Movies, Anime, Cartoons, Comics, and Cosplay who we know are super fun to hang out with.

THIS WEEK'S JAM: "Magic" by Mystery Skulls

Mystery Skulls's Forever was such a good album, it's like aural sex. Or at least, the kind of sex on a nice bed with clean silk sheets and surrounded by candles. The production was crisp, the instrumentation was lush and the singing sensual.

"Magic" happens to be one of those tracks that best exemplifies this. Nile Rodgers lays down a neat rhythm guitar and Brandy provides backup vocals. While her role is minimal, she is used a hell of a lot better than Janelle Monae in .fun's "We Are Young". Brandy adds that little something that takes me back to the house/R&B songs that were big in the 90's. It's a throwback jam.

I used this animatic music video because I thought the official one was kinda lame. This one obviously took some inspiration from the animated "Ghost" music video, but that's not a mark against it at all. It's rough and janky, but it manages to tell a more powerful story then "metal people fuck and make a galaxy" like the original.

GP ORLANDO RECAP

Went 4-4 after a HELL of a fight back. Ended up going with an RG Energy Deck, the only good card I pulled was an Ajani, Unyielding. It was a relief to not have to sort everything out and just show up and play. REALLY convienient!
Round 1, lost to a stupid misplay. Round 2, lost to a beatdown deck.

Rounds 3-6, I was on a hot streak, pulling out all the stops, and BARELY scraping by in some matches.

Round 7, I didn't get paired up because the system thought I dropped out. However, I was able to get a match where I was paired up against a NUTS deck.
Round 8. same deal.

Got some cards signed, realized that not even Eric Deschamps knows what's going on Ral Zarek's outfit, made a shitton of money selling off cards, and I got some new toys for my Modern Deck.

No comments: