Sunday, April 17, 2016

Status Quo Sunday Is Just So Anguished

This week's jam is A NEW SONG BY ME!


"Anguished Unmaking" is the latest song in my Magic The Gathering series of songs, this time based off of the gothic horror plane of Innistrad. Werewolves, Vampires, Zombie, NONE OF THAT MADE IT IN THE SONG!

During the original planning stages of the song, I was going to have it more alt-metal route, akin to stuff like Bring Me The Horizon and Of Mice and Men.

(Fuck, it even has "Shadow" right there in the name!) But this came out a little more like Echo and the Bunnymen.
But by finding out more about the story, (Nahiri wrecking shit, Avacyn going fucking crazy, Jace and Tamiyo, Detective Squaaad), two main themes came up: 1. There's something underneath surface, and 2. Madness in someone you haven't seen a while.

Like most of my songs, this came from me dicking around with a riff and building on it until you see the masterpiece you see above. Quiet, tense, then BLOWS THE FUCK UP OUTTA NOWHERE. I also wanted to make something calmer after going so high energy with the last one.

Yeah, so it's available for download.... NOW!

PAX EAST THIS WEEKEND!
Next SQS will be late because this weekend I'm going to be at PAX East in Boston!

So if you're wondering what I'm looking forward to, a breakdown:
CONSOLE TOURNEYS!
Diddy Kong Racing, Amplitude, Goldeneye 007, I'm going to be a competition fiend!

MEGA 64 and LIVE FROM THE MAGIC TAVERN!
Podcasts, horray!

MUSIC SHIT!
I want to learn about people composing it and watch people play it!

PAXAMANIA II!
Owen's doing a lot of work for this one, and it's super exciting!

THE FIRST ANNUAL ZONE CASTS DONE QUICK!
The hypest speed run event that I just made up!

MAGIC THE GATHERING!
No panel or swag, but I'll run a draft or 7!

No comments: