Monday, March 28, 2016

Status Quo Sunday Is On Tour Fam

This week's jam is a goth jam:


Mega64 will always deliver.


Let's go day by day, 'cause I had another big weekend:
AT SOME NEBULOUS POINT BEFORE THE WEEKEND:
My cover of "The Hero (One Punch Man)" is on YouTube!


FRIDAY:
I went 4-0 at Friday Night Magic because I was sitting to the left of a kid who passed me a Reality Smasher, a Kailtas Traitor of Ghet, Thought-Knot Seer and Ob Nixilis, Reignited, A MOTHER FUCKING PLANESWALKER.

As of right now, that was $40-ish in cards, not including the packs I won, which so far have contained nothing special, but then again there are still 5 packs out of my original 10, I've yet to open SO WHO KNOWS!?!?!?
  
SATURDAY:

The sound system was probably the best HHC had, but the guy that went on before I did ran a little long, and since there was a little scheduling tweakage, my set went on shorter than planned. I was thrown off, but I still played well. Though appropriately, my set ended on "Hunting Bigger Game" where I throw Magic cards into the audience, so it was still a good song to end on.

After me were chipcore metal band All Hail The Mustache from Hollywood, FL who brought shit down and made it moshier than I ever could have.They're a 4-piece metal band that are backed by a chiptune-ist, the latter I couldn't see. I'll assume a Game Boy is haunting one of their amps. They opened up with a cover of the Airship song from Super Mario 3, a classic that doesn't get enough love.

After them were 8 Bit Wave, an orchestra that covered video game music, doing Super Mario Medleys, Mega Men Medleys, a funky version of Chemical Plant from Sonic 2 and a Smash Bros Medley. However the real capper was the Undertale medley they did for an encore, and their Hopes and Dreams/Save the World gave me the feels all over again.
Hero Hype Con and Omni Expo are the two cons I've been a part of since I've moved down here. While Omni Expo was always well backed, Hero Hype Con was done by some people who were like "hey guys u wanna start a con".

Last year was not a good year for the con, and GeekFest (more on that later) was the same weekend, but all things considered, it was a good turnout. It's been scaled back from the past couple years to one day, but the focus on one day helped a lot.

SUNDAY:
The mother of all cheat days, EASTER. But fuck that, I went to GeekFest!

I got there kinda late, and didn't stay too long, and it was Easter, but the place was bumping regardless. It was a packed vendors room, with plenty of artists to steal business cards from. I also brokered a couple deals, and played some Star Realms, which is always a huge bonus. Again, my big regret is that I couldn't stay longer, since them and Ultracon know what they're doing.

Either way I have a billion business cards to sort through, so see you all later!







No comments: