Monday, June 9, 2014

Status Quo Sunday STAYS HYPED for the Heroes



PSY's GOT A NEW SINGLE? Wait, no.... The other thing...

Hero Hype Con! This is probably the first convention I got to see change from year to year, and coming off that first iteration, while it's still rough around the edges, it could keep its current size and fill out more as the years go on, which I'm sure it will. I liked it Year One because it was put together by passionate people, and that's what kept it rolling along Year Two. I was originally scheduled to play at noon, the shenanigans, so I went on at 3, which I was glad for, since I got a spot right before the cosplay contest.

A lot of the guests were locals, cosplayers and the like, but there was a pretty good video game set up, lots of cosplayers, and all the vendors filled out the space well. Next year will be amazing once more people catch on. 

My show? On the way home, when me and Dad stopped by to get some Smash Burger, he put it best: "I felt this parental pride, when I was watching you up there on stage."

The show did have that "big" feeling. It's been a year, and I was in great form. While not perfect, it felt like I've improved a lot over this past year. Let's take a look:

Hero Hype Con 2013
Mizucon 2013
Anime Festival Orlando 2013
Umicon Daytona 2013
Sands Of Anime 2014
Miami Hurricon 2014
Omni Expo 2014
and now, Hero Hype Con 2014.

One year ago, we had to rig up a sound system out of a laptop and a speaker that was not meant to handle anything bigger than an iPod. This year had a full surround sound set up, with wireless mics, inputs for my laptop and everything.

And THERE.... IS.... VIDEO.... which will be coming soon as soon as I get a 45 minute, 6 GB file off an iPhone.

But there are pictures!

Here's to another awesome year! Hopefully I get out of Florida...

No comments: