Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8th, 2011 Videos Of The Week

2nd Week in a row!

LIVE VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "Get Free" by The Vines on David Letterman


Some people say that this was a blown opportunity to make it big in America, and this was a mental breakdown that will be part of their VH1: Behind The Music Special which will never happen because they suck live.

Those people are retarded.

Some people say this was a dig at the music buisness, where they were expected to just give in to their corpratist overlords and sing like good little monkey. but they didn't because FUCK THE MAN!

Right attitude, wrong answer. They only get a 3 out of 10 on the Sarah Palin Fucking Retarded Scale, where a 10 is "Paul Revere's midnight ride warned the British troops that Americans still had their guns and were going to use their God Given Second Amendment Rights to keep their guns".

Where was I? Oh yeah, a guy got a little too high, and this happened. Unfortunate, but really fun to watch, whenever the singer still gave a fuck. We're talking about it, and that's all that matters.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE WEEK: "What's My Age Again?" by Blink 182


OK, so here's my decision process for this pick.

I had nothing, so I looked up "Music Video" on YouTube. One of the results was "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem and I felt a bit nostalgic, since it was one of the music videos that was popular when I was getting into MTV. It had swear words cut out, it was risque and filled with pop culture references my parents were not OK with.

That led me to my next thought: was the first music video like that? What was the first thing I saw on MTV that made me think "I shouldn't be watching this, but goddamn does this rock so hard."

Blink 182's "What's My Age Again".

It was loud, and it featured the band streaking through the streets, just making a general nuisance. That was stuff 11 year old me, loved but never wanted to admit.

On the nudity, here's Mark Hoppus' quote on the video:
"[the] scene with the butt shots, when we were running down the street, were actually the only real nude scenes. We wore skin-colored Speedos for most of the scenes and when we were running, I realized how unattractive male genitals are. Everything dangling and such. I didn't think I could be embarrassed easily, but I really was."

I'm still working on a couple other things right now, mainly finishing up my last song for Dino Hunter MD and putting Axe Cop: The Song on the RBN.

No comments: