Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Revolution May Or May Not Be Televised

From a Konami Press release:

The Rock Revolution contest is for bands, and involves getting your group’s song included as Rock Revolution downloadable content. You enter at Konami’s MySpace page, including your song in aac, aif, iff, m3u, mid, midi, mp3, mpa, mpeg, ra, ram, wav or wma format. The first place winner gets their song included in Rock Revolution, gets to record said song for the game in LA with Dave Jerden and Bryan Carlstrom, gets an Xbox 360 and the Rock Revolution bundle and gets to be in a Rolling Stone Rock Revolution ad. The ten runners up will receive copies of Rock Revolution for the DS, PS3, Wii or Xbox 360. Entries will be accepted until December 10, 2008, and the winning entry will be chosen around December 17, 2008.

I am definitely doing this. Granted, I might have to use some other psuedonym, but hey, I'm going for it.

I will eventually rent Rock Revolution. I'm a sucker for getting a game for only two songs I like regardless of the rest of the game. Past examples:
Aggressive Inline- "Sellout", Reel Big Fish; "Crawling In The Dark", Hoobastank
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1- "Superman", Goldfinger; "Police Truck", Dead Kennedys
Saint's Row 2- "Woman", Wolfmother; "Bat Country", Avenged Sevenfold
Hoping Saints Row 1 makes it to the PS3- "Look At Me! I'm A Winner!", The Aquabats.

Granted, this one has songs from Rock Band 1, 2, and DLC, but one stands out the most:
"The Spirit Of Radio" by Rush
FUCK YEAH!!
OF SALESMEN!!!

That long HOPO bit at the beginning has been neutered though:
How It's Supposed To Go
Actual Guitar Gameplay Video

In other news, regarding that "Open Mic Night" December 3rd, I'll probably do one of the Clash songs. They're simple, and have distinct cues so I can sing and play at the same time. Most likely "I Fought The Law".

No comments: