Sunday, March 12, 2023

Status Quo Does Dallas

HOP ON OUT NOW!

I dropped it for Bandcamp Friday and it's probably my favorite things I've written so far!  


I'M GOING TO TEXAS FURRY FIESTA!



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Yes, my FIRST Texas Furry Fiesta! It's my first time playing, so I'm a little nervous, but I'm bringing a bunch of new songs to my repertoire, and going to make this one HELL of a show!

Bringing a bunch of new songs with me (see aforementioned "Hop On!"), including some new covers, one of which from a VERY Texas band, and since the theme is "Attack Of The Jackaluffles!", I'm throwing in some stuff from a certain Science Fiction Double Feature ;)

I'M ALSO GOING TO BE AT FURRY WEEKEND ATLANTA!






Fastest Furs is making their IRL Debut at FWA, and I'm a host! My sexy voice will be reading your donations Saturday afternoon!

AND I'll be playing a show! Hopefully, with a mic stand! 










JAM OF THE WEEK: "Whirring" by The Joy Formidable

Yet another song I got from a video game, "Whirring" comes to us from the Welsh band The Joy Formidable, and every word describes this song to a T. 

Whirring - The intro, a dizzy plucked arpeggio feels like I'm coming out of a dreamy haze, and the outro speeds by so quickly that it leaves my with a hardcore adrenaline rush. 

The- pass

Joy- The song is about a relationship that you can't quite get together but the thought of it, and the swooning just lifts you up to the goddamn sky. 

Formidable - For a song that starts out so delicately, it knows when to HIT, especially toward the end in this version with like, two solid minutes of soloing

"Whirring" plays toward the end of Hi-Fi Rush in the battle before the final boss fight, right after an emotionally powerful scene where Chai, the wannabe rockstar hero, saves his friends and leads the charge to take on the big bad.

The opening notes play as the protagonists walk slowly toward the camera, and throughout the level, every big fight scene is punctuated with the chorus belted out by lead singer Rhiannon Bryan and ends with you fighting a big robot to the intensely chaotic.

Right then and there I knew that I'd be staying up late finishing the game, and it would be a strong contender for GOTY.

No comments: