Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Is Expanding The Empire

MIZUCON RECAP
Boy, where do I begin?

-I FINALLY got to see "Cosplay and Me", a documentary by some of the crew behind Just Guys Playing Games,

-MY SHOW! I played really loud, got to preview a new song and then I had some drinks afterwards. Yeah, it was deece.

-Playing a shitton of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. It's really fun to piece things together and have everyone work together. Until you play as the werewolf and your eagerness works against you. At least I don't get killed in the first round because I have a hairy chest.

-Mega Ran's show! Good as always, and I picked up some of his albms I was missing, so I listened to Black Materia and Mat Mania: The Revenge on the way home.
 
-Speaking of Mega Ran, he was kind enough to be on commentary with me for MIZU-MANIA! I do plan on doing more of these events at other cons that lend themselves well to clever puns. I'm taking suggestions for the names of my virtual wrestling empire.

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Tifa's Theme" by Mega Ran


Really, I'm not necessarily picking the song because of the tune (FF7's music will always be considered excellent), or the vocals (It does paint a sweet picture). No, this gets jam of the week because I saw him live, and it gets even better live.

Why? First, he gets the audience to sit down on the floor as he tells the story between Cloud and Tifa like a parent telling their children how they met the love of the their lives. Then, at the end, it launches into a rendition of Biz Markie's "Just A Friend", which is one of the greatest sing alongs ever.



PROVE ME WRONG.

FUTURE STUFF
So, my next show isn't until (presumably) Anime Iwai, and that means I have more than two months to work on new songs (which I have a queue of), fix up my live show and design some new merch. Also, I'm thinking of some other longer running projects, like a Patreon. I figure now is the time to do some back end stuff while I have some time off my regular day job.

SUPLEX SAGA UPDATE
Suplex Saga, while a very solid idea, is not likely to make its Kickstarter Goal. They're still intending on making the game, which is great, because I'd like to see it come to fruition.

However, I'd like to work more game soundtracks in the future!


No comments: