Monday, June 8, 2015

Status Quo SHIRTS MOTHERFUCKER!!!

This week's jam:

a.k.a. expect to see this song covered at my next show. It's one of those Pop-Punk One Hit Wonders With a Ridiculous Premise that was so popular in the early 2000s.

BIGGEST NEWS:
T-SHIRTS MOTHERFUCKER!!!

















Currently, I'm not putting them up on the store yet for two reasons. First, DNOS Collectables is still selling them at the (over by this point) Hero Hype Con, and second, I want to confer with Luke Herr, my logo's designer, before I go full wide spread with it.

Oh, right, Hero Hype Con. I played there!


Despite some technical hiccups, playing was good, and my stage mate (aka guy who was there to play the rave) DJ Power Glove was a cool dude.

Also, one of his friends played some Magic The Gathering with me, and I got to be on an episode of a Let's Play show "Just Guys Playing Games", who are using my music for future episode.

Some really impressive cosplays showed up, and it was a blast to watch the competition. 

Hero Hype Con, while again, a nice meet up, was a lot smaller than last year. A few reasons that I won't go into now, but the biggest mistake they made was:
NOT HAVING A SCHEDULE OF EVENTS READILY AVAILABLE.
A schedule of events is more than just a convenience, it gives people a reason to stick around. If someone knows that something they'd be interested in is going down, then they'll be more likely to check out other events and spend more money in the interim. Especially at a small con when you can do all your shopping in an hour, regular distractions are a necessity.
Announcements were made as to what was going on, but someone who just showed up wouldn't know if there was anything going on later that might convince them spend the day there. 

BIGGER NEWS: 
I was recently featured in the spring 2015 issue of Carpe Nocturne, a magazine for the creative culture. I met them at Geekfest Florida and they were super nice to me, and I was really honored that they chose to have me featured in their latest issue.

I'm not entirely sure when the print version comes out, but you can get the online version on their website, or check them out on FaceBook.

BIG NEWS:
DID YOU KNOW?
The Echo Chamber has a new website!

R U A KEWL, KRAZY KID? Jam out in the ECHO ZONE!!!

-Fun!
-Games!
-Attitude!
-Say NO to DRUGS!

Basically it's a way for all of us to kinda do our own thing, and spare Owen the embarrassment of being associated with us.Also, I'll posting up my recaps up there the day before they go up here.

There's talks of a couple other podcasts going up as well, it has embeds to all of our streams, and I'm aiming to set up a radio station that will play blocks of old podcasts as well as music from our picks and made by us. In a way, I was fine with the way things were, but maybe the rebranding is a way to reignite that flame we once had.

After these big weekends, I usually have a lot of crap to do while RAW is on. Hopefully it's a dull episode...


No comments: