Friday, August 31, 2012

NEW SONG: "Let The Bombs Go Off"




So, I have officially graduated to Studio One. Jesse Schopher, who did all of the work of the Dino Hunter MD Soundtrack, uses it and hooked me up with all of the plugins he uses, and gave me a crash course in mixing and setting up my stems, and this song I did pretty much all by myself, after he showed me how to bus drums and stuff like that.

I've used REAPER and Audacity in the past, but seeing Studio One in action has straight up blown me away, with how good it is for mixing. Maybe it's because it's what Jesse's familiar with, but playing around with this thing has absolutely blown me away, especially using the plug-ins. While it has made things "too easy", when you work 8 to 5 and trying to get this music shit off the ground, any little bit helps.

Besides, I'd like to think my strength lies is songwriting :)

:(

X(

:smileyforinfinitesadness

This was another one of those songs that sort of came to me when I was dicking around on the guitar and built around one particular riff, so D# octave was the seed for this song. 

FUN FACT: The working title for this song was "Class 4"

FUN FACT:  JTHomeslice deserves big ups for this:


I've yet to pick it up because I'm not sure if I'm going to be fired after my first week on the job, and I'd like to make it to at the very least the first paycheck.

No comments: