This week's jam is a goth jam:
Mega64 will always deliver.
Let's go day by day, 'cause I had another big weekend:
AT SOME NEBULOUS POINT BEFORE THE WEEKEND:
My cover of "The Hero (One Punch Man)" is on YouTube!
I went 4-0 at Friday Night Magic because I was sitting to the left of a kid who passed me a Reality Smasher, a Kailtas Traitor of Ghet, Thought-Knot Seer and Ob Nixilis, Reignited, A MOTHER FUCKING PLANESWALKER.
As of right now, that was $40-ish in cards, not including the packs I won, which so far have contained nothing special, but then again there are still 5 packs out of my original 10, I've yet to open SO WHO KNOWS!?!?!?
The sound system was probably the best HHC had, but the guy that went on before I did ran a little long, and since there was a little scheduling tweakage, my set went on shorter than planned. I was thrown off, but I still played well. Though appropriately, my set ended on "Hunting Bigger Game" where I throw Magic cards into the audience, so it was still a good song to end on.
After me were chipcore metal band All Hail The Mustache from Hollywood, FL who brought shit down and made it moshier than I ever could have.They're a 4-piece metal band that are backed by a chiptune-ist, the latter I couldn't see. I'll assume a Game Boy is haunting one of their amps. They opened up with a cover of the Airship song from Super Mario 3, a classic that doesn't get enough love.
After them were 8 Bit Wave, an orchestra that covered video game music, doing Super Mario Medleys, Mega Men Medleys, a funky version of Chemical Plant from Sonic 2 and a Smash Bros Medley. However the real capper was the Undertale medley they did for an encore, and their Hopes and Dreams/Save the World gave me the feels all over again.
Hero Hype Con and Omni Expo are the two cons I've been a part of
since I've moved down here. While Omni Expo was always well backed, Hero
Hype Con was done by some people who were like "hey guys u wanna start a
Last year was not a good year for the con, and
GeekFest (more on that later) was the same weekend, but all things
considered, it was a good turnout. It's been scaled back from the past
couple years to one day, but the focus on one day helped a lot.
The mother of all cheat days, EASTER. But fuck that, I went to GeekFest!
I got there kinda late, and didn't stay too long, and it was Easter, but the place was bumping regardless. It was a packed vendors room, with plenty of artists to steal business cards from. I also brokered a couple deals, and played some Star Realms, which is always a huge bonus. Again, my big regret is that I couldn't stay longer, since them and Ultracon know what they're doing.
Either way I have a billion business cards to sort through, so see you all later!
-Let's face it, I'd probably end up being the Warrior/Barbarian or some shit.
-Let's take a song that's about enjoying the simple things then tick off the rest of the Country Song boxes.
Throw some shit about Jesus and the Troops in there.
That and the radio up. Yeah, your radio has to be audible to listen to it. Fuck thesauruses and adjectives that might spice it up like "cranked up" or "shaking the windows". "The streets" has officially been unseated as Dumbest Phrase Used All The Goddamn Time In A Marginalized Genre.
-Brad Paisley, bitch:
Also, fuck you, he's way more handsome than all members of the Zac Brown Band put together,
This is the comic it goes to BTW:
-John Mulaney, bitch:
-America, my plan to have everyone Gay Married by Hipster Sharks:
First, we drop a bunch of Velvet Underground and Neutral Milk Hotel Vinyls into the ocean, then we move all the salt water sharks into freshwater areas so they can gentrify it.
This will help America somehow because if I'm doing it, then Donald Drumpf is not President and we can all say, as a country, "Dodged a bullet there".
-Here's the full list of Rock Band March changes:
- Career Mode scores now post to Leaderboards
- Downloadable content is now playable in all paths of the Career
- Removed drum exploit where you could get extra points by repeatedly hitting the note at the end of a drum fill
- We will be wiping the Drum, Pro Drum, and Band leaderboards when the update is available. More info here!
New Rock Shop Items
- 5 new hair options:
- Ponied Up
- Shag Doll
- Liberty Spikes
- Fanned Mohawk
- Frizzy Stardust
- 5 new hat options:
- Snow Business beanie
- Cold Soldier
- Cold Comfort Hat
- Viking Helmet
- Sport-Related Head Protector
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with “Somebody Told Me” had missing notes when receiving Overdrive on the final unison phrase
- Fixed issue where Player Stats display white square or yellow box instead of percentage symbol
- Fixed issue with full streak Stage Presence only occurring once per show in Campaign, now making it possible to get the “Locked In” achievement / trophy
- Dropping out and back in during a Freestyle Guitar Solo causes the Performance stats to give incorrect values
- Fixed issue where Freestyle Guitar Solo toggle option was grayed out during solos
- Fixed issue where achieving a streak and dropping out during an Freestyle Guitar Solo caused the streak meter to not increment during the solo
- Fixed issue where Longest Streak was incorrect if player did not break streak before entering Freestyle Guitar Solos
- Notes at the end of “Big Rock Endings” are now counted toward the Longest Streak stat
- Fixed issue where the Options menu in the Overshell would darken when selecting Breakneck Speed
- Fixed a camera cut where the guitarist would go through the camera
- Fixed an animation issue where the vocalist would walk out past the front of the stage
- Fixed issue where the audio for Dynamic Drum Fills was playing even when a Dynamic Fill was not present after the first successful Overdrive deploy
- Fixed issue with the Activity Feed for folks who have more than 30 friends
- Fixed issue where the same song could be suggested twice when selecting an Encore
- Random band name generator can no longer create a duplicate name of a previously created band
- Encore requests are now correctly factoring out non-applicable Stage Presence awards for Solo Harmonies or Vocal Freestyle for Easy/Medium Vocals
- Fixed issue where “Band Hub” music was persisting after returning to the Main Menu
- Encores now give bonuses in Career Mode
- Personal account preferences will now save when Xbox One is powered down, including:
- Freestyle Guitar Solo toggle state
- Dynamic Drum Fill toggle state
- Breakneck Speed preference
- Awesomeness Detection preference
- Band Multiplier will no longer briefly appear as 1x before disappearing
- Fixed issue that causes stand-in character to appear in Career if you dropped in/out during a show
- Fixed issue where players couldn’t back out of narrative Tour Choice screens
- Score thresholds for star ratings now adjust when switching difficulty mid-song in Career Mode
- Fixed incorrect audio effect prompt after quitting the song “I Will Follow” during the first show of the Career
-For some reason, in the early 2000s everybody's brains hemmoraged at the same time, and we all thought voice commands were a good idea. That resulted in Nintendo trying the microphone thing twice. Once with "Hey You Pikachu!" and again on the Gamecube. Also it gave us SOCOM: Navy Seals and Lifeline.
"Hey You Pikachu" I rented, and remember being super excited the first time it worked, because I was fucking 12 at the time. However, half the time it didn't work, and it was ridiculous to control. Apparently it was calibrated to higher pitched voices. The only other game that used the microphone accesory was a train simulator.
The two Gamecube games, "Mario Party 7" and "Odama" were in Nintendo's HOLY FUCK WE'RE DESPERATE Era before the Wii made a shitton of money. "Odama" was created by the same guy who did Seaman, which makes total sense. You were to direct a group of soldiers out of the way of a giant pinball it seemed to get middling reviews, and impressed people. Mario Party 7 is a Mario Party game later than 4.
Then came Lifeline and SOCOM. Both at least tried, but the latter pushed the multiplayer and the headset more than the voice commands. I think you could get extra information about your mission via the headset, but that's all.
-DANNY DEVITO PIKACHU WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER!
Though lets face it, Nintendo will hire someone who can do a good Danny Devito Impression, and make no references to It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
-Inazuma 11 was an anime that aired between 2008 to 2011. It's a typical sports anime with a fresh faced kid looking to put together the best possible soccer team. What I want to know is how Jeff knows about it...