Take a drink:
- Any time the video game Rock Band is mentioned
- Any time Rhythm Bastard does an impression
- Any time wrestling is mentioned
- Any time someone says "Owen"
- Any time Mystakin says "Word?"
- Any time game development is discussed
- Any time speedrunning is discussed
- Any time a podcast member plugs their music outside of personal outros
- Any time someone says Anime
- Any time someone says "Hashtag _________"
- When the phrase "For those of you further behind" is uttered
- Any time an earlier episode is referenced
- When someone says "Die in a fire"
- When The Dead Kennedys are mentioned
- Any time the podcasts "acts out" a scene or elaborates on a stupid thing they made up (e.g. Rockhead)
- When the episode name comes up.
- If any of the podcast members have 3 or more picks for the week.
- When someone says "My uncle works at Nintendo"
DOWNLOAD ECHO-SODE 97
-We're getting a Deadpool movie!!! YES! YES! YES!
-Seriously, if you're not hyped, READ THIS ARTICLE. Fun fact: Tim Miller was the special effects director for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and became a director JUST FOR THIS MOVIE. If there is any movie I'd want Deadpool to rip off, it'd Scott Pilgrim.
-Just sayin' Fox. I too can wear a green shirt over black DP-T and stand next to a guy dressed as Deadpool:
-Real Footage of Nicholas Cage's Agent:
-Athreos and Erebos are two of the Gods from Magic: The Gathering's Theros block. Erebos is the God of the Dead, who is in charge of the underworld, and Athreos is the God of Passage, that ferries the dead to the underworld.
-Vault of Glass, Destinypedia entry. WARNING: SPOILERS.
-There's a Wiki here for Final Fantasy speedruns. A breif look at some of the run times show that the runs get the longest at around Final Fantasy X/X-2, and are shortest around 3/4. There's also a strategy guide here for some of the series, which gives credence to the theory that sometimes speedrunners know the game better than the people who made it.
-Wikipedia article on the Koopalings. Like the Katt and Falco shipping war from last week, there's been a very tumultuous debate on if they're Bowser's children are not.
-Godfuckingdamnit U2. BONO YOU ARE NOT PUNK ROCK. Bono Koopa would be rejected from the Koopaling because Bowser would immediately wreck his shit. This marketing move goes with Bono's definition of punk rock, as it "stirs things up and annoys people", but it is also very against the populist ideals of punk rock by serving the very people that deserve to be annoyed.
U2 claiming the Songs of Innocence release is punk rock is like saying that cable companies holding monopolies over territories and practicing harmful anti-consumer policies are punk rock because "it annoys people".
-I TOOK IT, AND THREW IT ON THE GROUND
-The whole discussion on "Corporate Trust" thing is very odd, and mired a lot of bad blood. It's akin to whatever happens when upper-middle class white people discover a new word like MSG, or gluten, where they become hyperaware of things they've been enjoying the whole time. Remember when all the info about the Xbox One came out during the same time all those NSA leaks occured?
But, this should be the thing that makes people more savvy and cautious to these types of situations, and look for alternatives that you are more comfortable with. Or you can complain and fall into the same traps. Whatevs.