Thursday, October 13, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Has A Personality Crisis

IT'S COMING!

ULTRACON RECAP!

Eh... I've usually had bad luck with Ultracon, and it kinda continued this weekend in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. I only went on Sunday because I assumed I had a work thing, but because of aforementioned hurricane, work thing got cancelled.

By Sunday everything was dead, so instead I held a little mini-show and walked around with my guitar/mini-amp rig. It was all right, but again, Sunday wasn't very busy. Hopefully Ultracon fills out this space better next year.

THIS WEEK'S JAM 


I've been looking toward early protopunk to get help with the song for Kaladesh, and how can I forget this fucking barnburner I first heard in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith? You;d imagine these early punk groups to not have as much bombast as they do, but here we are, guitars, pianos and David Johnansen's vocals are out in full force.

FUTURE CONS

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1174/0296/files/samp_front.jpg?1206783103406927145

My last two cons of the year are Anime Iwai and Holiday Matsuri. Anime Iwai is basically Chibi Pa 2.0, and the people that work there behind the scenes are pretty cool, so it's bound to be a Good Time.

 https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000139431907/13ee92ea7c512a5ff4cb9dd7c35304bb_400x400.jpeg

Holiday Matsuri was a big surprise last year, because it's on the cusp of becoming a big name con like Supercon and MegaCon, but it's still small enough that you can get around easily. My show slot is not very good, but I'll still enjoy myself regardless.

YO DICKBUTT, WITH ALL THESE CONS, WHERE'S YOUR RECAP VIDEOS?

It's next on the list, right after "The Inventor's Fair" is uploaded.

No comments: