Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Wonders Why There's Only Sadness Here

NEW SONG INCOMING?
Yes! Well, it's a song I've only played live, and it's going to be featured on an upcoming compilation album "Nerdcore Halloween".



If you want an MP3 of the song, I'll be sending it to the mailing list, as well as some last ditch merch stuff. I'm not going to release it until I get the go ahead from IllGill, but at the very least keep your eyes peeled for the Nerdcore Halloween Compilation when it drops this Monday.

THIS WEEK'S JAM:


We talked a lot about "Flagpole Sitta" a couple podcasts ago, and I was wondering about whatever happened to Harvey Danger. Out of curiosity, I checked out the album "Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone" to see how far the rest falls behind the One Hit.

In every Todd In The Shadows "One Hit Wonderland" series he has a segment at the end where at the end he asks "Did They Deserve Better"? YES. YES THEY SHOULD HAVE. Now, after "Flagpole Sitta" it's hard to go to something LESS poppy, but at least we can look at Harvey Danger and go, "No, these guys can fucking rock".

The first track off Merrymakers "Carlotta Valdez" sounds like Dookie-era Green Day with less crunch and better production, and it has WAY more energy than "Flagpole Sitta". While Flagpole is a good song, it takes a while to get to the climax.

Compared to the Barenaked Ladies, who's "One Week" was the only song with any energy off Stunt, Where Have All The Merrymakers Gone was incredible from beginning to end.

THINGS I WANT TO GIVE MY MONEY TO RIGHT THE FUCK NOW:



I'm signal boosting this for all my True Buckaroos who believe In Love.

No comments: