Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sunday


By now, you've heard about the murder of 9 people in a domestic terrorist attack. 

The perpetrator is a 21-year-old white kid with a terrible bowl cut and is a fan of apartheid and white supremacy movements, who told his victims "You're taking away our country".

Nobody's taking your country away from you. Other people want the same country you, a white male (like myself) have.

We should be the generation that puts and end to this. With all the mistakes of our ancestors combined, and the technology you're using to read this to connect each other and gather information, it boggles my mind that there's young people who stand behind the Confederate Flag, support Gamergate, and whatever other bullshit reactionary movement to try and preserve the world that's being dumped upon my generation.

Maybe it's because I'm doing OK for myself and have a strong support from friends and family, but my mind wonders: are these people so bereft of anything positive about themselves or in their lives, that having a lack of melanin and a penis are the ONLY qualities they have? Is the Status Quo the only thing in their life that works?

I want to end this on a positive note, so here it goes:
There's no shame in losing to someone better.
There's no shame in recognizing someone else is better.
There's no shame in recognizing the flaws in yourself and wanting to become better
There's no shame in asking for help to become better.
The most valuable capital us Millenials have is Human Capital. Don't waste it by being a dick.
When in doubt, just as in wrestling, put the other guy over.

The title of this week is Sunday, because fuck the status quo:



Sorry about that, it's something I had on my mind for a while. 

Image result for {puppies

UPCOMING GIGS:
Orlando Nerd Fest this year! Last year I performed at the JamSpace, this year I'm performing at the Day After Party at the Geek Easy, which I feel like is the next level, not unlike a Guitar Hero. Anime Festival Orlando is still on the table, as I don't know if the concert's been accepted or rejected at this point yet.

Treasure Coast Comic Con was this past weekend, and it was PACKED. For a small con that mostly relied on its guest to bring the people in, it was really busy. Clearly it's an early lacking, since there's nothing really between Orlando and Miami. West Palm Beach has Palmcon, but that's it really.

It's a great example of a disruptive technology in the convention scene.

ALBUM NEWS:
This week I'm going to be starting on doing some of the interior design work. It's not a big thing, but I do need to get it done EVENTUALLY, and one thing I do now, is that much sooner the album is in your hands.

KICKSTARTER NEWS:
I'm going to be taking a more hands on approach with the T-Shirts, since I do have a design in mind. It's just a matter of working out something efficient with the distributor/printer

OTHER SONGS:
Working on my Magic Origins tracks. Not one, but TWO rap songs, hopefully coming before the set is released.

THIS WEEKS GOALS:
FIVE NEW VIDEOS ADDED TO THE RHYTHM BASTARD CHANNEL!

JUST YOU WAIT!








No comments: