Thursday, June 11, 2015

Echo Chamber Post Game Episode 127

YOU'RE A KID NOW, YOU'RE A SQUID NOW, YOU BEEFED IT!

-I'm ultra salty because I don't have a WiiU yet, so I'm going to ignore the Splatoon talk, and focus on the other thing they brought up: JET GRIND RADIO! (or Jet Set Radio?)

I'm a sucker for a game with an awesome soundtrack. The controls are jank, and unlike Aggressive Inline, or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, it's not like I can just focus on the mechanics and get better. I also have to worry about platforming, tagging rivals and avoiding enemy fire. ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER. Granted, the game wouldn't be as memorable if it wasn't so weird and had such a unique concept. I haven't played JSRF, the sequel, so maybe it refined the engine. Who knows.

-Speaking of weird games with killer soundtracks, Katamari Damacy.

Never got that much into the sequels, but Katamari always had this great sense of progression as you go through the levels, especially the final Moon level in the first game. For those of you further behind, you start out with a ball 1m high, and have 25 minutes to roll up stuff so that you reach 500m in height. Zen. That's the word for it, right? The sensation that you've started with a large goal, by moving but mere grains of sand, and at as you reach the end, you can look back and see all the progress made.

-Big ups to Owen here, because thanks to him, I will soon be in possession of the Jigglypuff Amiibo. Don't have a WiiU, but I FUCKING LOVE JIGGLYPUFF.

-I was going to go into some tirade about the difference between Shadow and Sonic, or how Sonic Boom is actually pretty decent, maybe even post that Boxer Hockey comic where Robotnik/Eggman called Shadow "Original The Character: Do Not Steal", but I think I can just post this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/3b/38/e2/3b38e2aa44466ac2476ff81ee1c35ebc.jpg

-Speaking of Sonic, here's the scene with Robotnik and Eggman from Sonic Generations:


-Chance The Rapper: Social Experiment


-YA DAMN RIGHT I DO ALL THE MUSIC! YOU CAN BUY IT RIGHT HERE ON BANDCAMP:

No comments: