Thursday, August 28, 2014

Echo Chamber Post Game Episode 93

 CORRECTION FROM PREVIOUS EPISODE: Paolo's not in training to become an officer. It was a Citizen's class, meant to educate the public about how the city's cops operate and why/how they do what they do, with some dept. history thrown in.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE AT THE BROWSER AND DOWNLOAD

Before I get in to the nitty gritty, this should be required reading.

So should this.

-Remember, if you want to use free meals and free trips to bribe journalists to give your game a good score, it's the journalists fault, but a common practice. But if you use your genitals, then it's the developers fault and is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

-OK, so as I mentioned last week with Ferguson, I'm going to state here at the top:

The main thing that ties all of this together is that we, as a country, have a massive problem with insecurity.

It's a shitty feeling, like your whole world's going to come crashing down. A sick family member, not sure if you're going to be laid off tomorrow or not, those are things we're all afraid of. But the feeling that you're no longer "special"? Well, it's always hard to lose a family member, and if they're sick, there's no guarantee they'll get better. Same with losing a job. While those are all things we can plan around, there's a lot of work involved.

But the insecurity I'm talking about? The kind that involves other people? That's WAY easier to fix. Not everyone is out to get you. What gets me through these hard feelings if focusing on what I can do versus what I have. Thinking about you can still give is a lot less stressful than what you can have taken away.

It's a notion I've felt ever since the 2001 World Trade Center attacks, and has been confirmed with both the election of President Obama and the recent shit that's going on. The feeling, and the confirmation that we're not worth what we think we are is a really awful one to have.

Overmilitarization of.... everything?
"We can't be respected on our own merits, so we'll just have the biggest toys to compensate"

The Zoe Quinn fiasco and Anita Sarkessian forced out of her home because she was threatened?
"The fact that women are allowed to act and live without relation to men means that I, a male, would have to make myself acceptable to them. As a shitty person, this scares me"

All of the money going toward the rich, and keeping the minimum wage low?
"Money is the only thing I have and is directly equal to my worth as a human being"

Gun lobbyists saying "EVERYTHING'S FINE, DON'T TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS OBAMA" saying "Well, MAYBE if he had access to some counseling/therapy..."
"I need this gun, as it is the only thing that makes me feel powerful"

Women and minorites wanting to close the wage gap?
"I suck at my job, and someone who doesn't look like me might be better at it..."

Who has the most to be taken away? The Heterosexual White Male. And what they can have taken away isn't something tangible (except in the case of the Rick White Heterosexual Male, which is obviously money), it's a position of power that really hasn't been earned, at least in the modern era.

Enough of that, on to the fun recappy stuff:

-At least JonTron didn't fuck up any worse since-
image
(in response to Tim Schafer promoting a Feminist Frequency video)

-Kung Pow: Enter The Fist! WATCH IT!!!


-Also, Kaijudo was a show, and no, nobody cared. Or at least enough for a third season:


-Episode 1 of "Damn You, Scooby Doo":
OLD MAN JENKINS: Ever since my wife died, it's been up to me to keep the old amusement park running. However, after taking care of her for so long when she was sick, the city had to close the place down. However, I think I can fix it up again, it's what the missus would have wanted.

DUMBASS TEENAGER #1: Jinkies gang! Let's get fucking plastered in the abandoned theme park!

DUMBASS TEENAGER #2: I'm going to have sex with all of you!

OLD MAN JENKINS: Damn it! I was just about to burn my old KKK uniform after wearing it one last time, and these kids interrupt my mourning of my dead wife! It was my dying wife who showed me the error of my racist ways! I should speak to them and ask them to leave.

OLD MAN JENKINS gets hit in the crotch.

OLD MAN JENKINS: OOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!

DUMBASS TEENAGER #1: Jeepers! It's a GHOST! THIS PLACE IS HAUNTED!!!

-ALSO, PAOLO RECOGNIZE MY EARLY 2000s CARTOON KNOWLEDGE


No comments: