Sunday, November 17, 2013

Status Quo Sunday Is Up To 500 Posts

First the absolutely crushing news: My audio interface has been giving me some problems, so I have to send it back to Focusrite to get it fixed OR get a new one. This past paycheck was the one I use to pay all of my bills, so it'll be two weeks before I can afford another one.

Then the OK news: This doesn't affect anything I recorded, but I can't use Studio One. I can, however, import all the tracks I have recorded into Reaper so I can get a new song up in the meantime.

Finally, the best news: Since I don't have it ready today, the new song will be given to the mailing list people first, AND a free CD and poster will be given away to one lucky subscriber! Song goes out this Saturday at midnight, so be sure to sign up to get in on it.

Since this is a big posts, and people are idiots, here's a couple of my biggest milestones in what I feel to be the history of the site:

1. Releasing "Dino Hunter MD: The Sound Track"
It was something I did for some of my best friends, for something I was proud to be a part of, and something I followed through with until the end. It was hard, but I learned a lot of lessons for "Status Quo Radio"

2. My first convention gig at I-Con, which led to my first bit of music being played in a podcast
Even though they do regular podcasts sparingly, I still loves me some Rag-Nerd-Rok.
Also, they're trying to reboot it, so donate via IndieGoGo!

3. Getting my music featured in a game

4. My first ever interview! (2:00)

5. The one time Complex Magazine pimped out my song, "Lord I Miss Deadly Premonition"

6. The one time the TF2 Subreddit loved the shit out of my song "Boston Boom Bringer"

7. The one time the Two Best Friends Play subreddit loved the shit out of my song "Fahrenhype" 

8. Being a part of the awesomest podcast evar!!!

9. ALL THE FLORIDA CONVENTIONS (SO FAR)!

Still many more to list, so if I forgot any, let me know in the comments section that's totally here.

Now, let's take a look back and what everyone who stumbled through on Google decided were my best posts:
10.  Echo Chamber Post Game Episode 52
I don't know what it is about this episode, but- Oh... the first episode of "Anime Cow Is Late For School"

9. Discussion Topic: Gradual vs. Tier
A brief write up I did of budgeting Rock Band Network royalties... Interesting...

8. STATE OF THE BASTARD ADDRESS 2013
The most recent State Of The Bastard Address. It's like Status Quo Sunday, only more WHOA! Because I have a whole year, you see...

7.  Status Quo Sunday Gets Back From OMFG at AFO and listens to AFI
What folloooows... Is a compilation of AFI's early releases and my impressions of the biggest convention I've been to so far (aside from PAX East)

6. My Greatest Moments In Rock Band
A few little vignettes about some good times I had playing on plastic instruments.

5. YOUTUBE PARTY PARTY HARD!!!
A.K.A. Random videos that had stuff I did in them intersperse with other stuff so I don't look like a braggart.

4. The Great Plastic Guitar Gig In The Sky
A post-mortem on the Guitar Hero series. I have one for my Tony Hawk feelz, but it didn't make the Top 10. SORRY.

3. Todd In The Shadows: Best Pop Songs of 2010
Something that I linked to that features someone who is constantly googled.

2. REPOST: Cee Lo Green Coming To Rock Band
Me trollin' people. Not doing to good at it. At least I got some hits?   

1. Guitar Hero Arcade Setlist
AKA My Speculations, Followed by Actual News. CERTAINLY NOT UNDERWHELMING AT ALL

AHHH THE MEMORIES...

So, what does the future hold?
-Album Number 2, "Status Quo Radio". I'm looking at my options for mastering it, and trying to get a budget together so I can put out a Kickstarter.

-More conventions and shows! Florida's equivalent of Williamsburg is only a 10 minute drive away, so if I can score some shows there, I will.

-I'm going to be streaming again! This Wednesday, 8 PM, either The Walking Dead: 400 Days or Fables: The Wolf Among Us.

See you all next week, hopefully with some better news.

No comments: