Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where I Am So Far

Yeah, I started this project a few days before the blog.

Anyways, right now I have "Here It Goes Again" and "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" down pat. Here are my impressions:

HERE IT GOES AGAIN
Easy, power chord driven song. It's really fun to play, but the only part that really gave me trouble was the solo. Not because it was hard, but NOBODY has a clear idea on how to play it. It starts with D# power chord, but then I couldn't really figure out what to do next. This seems to be the best idea, combined with a tab I found and looking at the video from Rock Band:

E--------------------------------------------
B--8---8-x11---8x6-7x4----------8--8x8---6x4-
G--8---8-------7----6--------------8--8-------7----

E-----------------------------------------------
B--8--8x10---8x6-6x4--8-8x4---6666------
G--8--8-------7----7------8-8------7777------

E-----------
B--8888----
G--8888----

If anyone knows a simpler way, let me know.

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO
If, like me, you've been used to doing Power Chords, this one is a real wake-up call. The entire song is open chords.

The progression is
D G(with four fingers) D
D G D
G5 F5 G5 <----Some tabs showed open chord, but this is the easiest, and sounds most like the original song
D G D
A
D G D

The chorus is just that, only FASTER. After the A chord strumming, it resumes to normal speed.

Also, the four fingered G chord feels much more natural when switching between it and the D because you can keep ring finger on the third fret of the B string.

That's it for now, Maps I have, a bit, right now going over Mississippi Queen.

SETLIST UPDATED

No comments: