Thursday, September 29, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Is Now PLAYING WITH POWER!

Would have had this out on time, but I was laid up in bed sick, and then had to take care of some buillshit errands, where I then went straight to bed.

CON TIME!!!
Palmconnnn!

Wasn't as busy as last year, but those who did come and see me around were a great audience! My first time playing at Palmcon, and I caught up with a lot of old friends. Apparently I'm a very swole gentleman, because I was reminded of that a lot.  

Didn't go too crazy with spending, but I did get a Lego Taskmaster minifig. Cause I fucking love Taskmaster.

Quick shout out to Grifter's Custom Creations, who I haven't seen in a long-ass time, and helped run the booth for a local costume shop.

ULTRACON SHOW OUTTA NOWHERE?!?!?
Won't be able to make it Saturday due to work stuff, but I will be playing Sunday at 1 PM. Believe it or not, as long as I've been playing shows in Florida, and as many times as I've been at the MACC, I've never attended a con that used the lower levels, so I'm curious to see how it all pans out.

THIS WEEK'S JAM:


|I think I found a WWE theme I love more than Shinsuke Nakamura's. It's very reminiscent of Dr. Wily's theme from Mega Man 2, but that was a fucking awesome song.

You guys don't get it: This is so good, it makes me want to go and watch the Cruiserweight Classic, just to see if TJ Perkins is as awesome as his theme song.

http://i0.wp.com/fightbooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/tj-dip.png?resize=300%2C180

THE NINTENDO 64 AT 20?!?!?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Nintendo-64-wController-L.jpg

We're probablyt going to discuss this on next week's Echo Chamber, but yeah!

This was the first system I bought with my own money, since I inherited my older brother's NES, and was too young for a Super Nintendo.
My first 3 games were:
Super Mario 64- Still a game I go back to occasionally. Not one bad level, and I have speedruns of this game on when I go to sleep.
Mario Kart 64- Another game I love to revisit, and a stellar soundtrack.
Crusin USA- ... Fuck you, I didn't want to crowd around this game in the arcades.

I remember renting all kinds of games from the local West Coast Video depending on what was featured in that month's Nintendo Power. Some good, some bad, some I'm hunting down at every convention.

1 comment: