Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Status Quo Wednesday Has Went All SURPRISE On You!

PALMCON? PALMCON!I'm playing 3:00 PM on Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!!!!!!


I've been told this is the "at least" one show "they know about", so keep your eyes on the event page for future updates!
http://nebula.wsimg.com/d9bed719e5b519d990c9a40629fefd65?AccessKeyId=F7CA2E7F11945A5041DF&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

THIS WEEK'S JAM:


I don't know what to think about this one... All the songs I've heard off this new album have been really tight and high-energy, but the lyrics feel disjointed and... kinda lame? It feels like they're written as what's expected of a modern Green Day song, with some really questionable phrasing. "Bang Bang" made a little more sense after learning it's about the mentality of a school shooter, but I this one leaves me wondering what "the deal" is.

At least they're still trying with this album, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a "deal" greater than "Here's some songs we wrote", after the triple album thing was... eh.... has me really excited for the album, especially after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong said this:
"I think my role is to shut up and listen," he says. "A lot of white people should shut up and listen. They really don't know what the African-American experience truly is. When you have people getting shot in their cars for no reason and being put in fucking jail cells and it's for profit, we have a serious problem, and the first thing you need to do is get educated. Don't try to do this, like, 'Blue lives matter.' Don't try to do the 'All lives matter.' Just shut up and listen to the experience. And then move forward after that."
NEW TANK TOP!
I'm trying two new things out here: TeeSpring and Tank Tops! You see me wear them on stage, why not get one for yourself? I even have a super cool 80's design so you can show off those guns in the Florida (or your residential state) sun!

Rhythm Bastard Tank Tops Black T-Shirt Front



"HOMESICK"- A VOICE OF ALL
More on the recap this Saturday, but here's the first episode of the Kaladesh storyline. I play Dovin Baan, the Velkaden Planeswalker who was revealed yesterday and may or may not be this block's main antagonist:


Regardless, you can listen to it here!

Three months have passed since the Gatewatch defeated Emrakul. What have they been up to?

No comments: