Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Status Quo Sunday Destroys Oppressive Overlords

Everything's beem thrown off this week because my Dad was hit by a car a couple weeks ago and I've been running around taking him to doctor's offices and he just went into surgery today. Everything's fine, he made it out OK! They're keeping him overnight for observation and to have him rest.

This week's jam:

#FreeKesha

Recently, she has been embroiled in a lawsuit with Sony, trying to break off her contract because Dr. Luke, a producer she's worked extensively with, abused her. A recent court decision stated that she couldn't break the contract due to a lack of evidence and protecting the contract law of Sony.

Thankfully, many are showing their support, with Taylor Swift donating $250,000.


Best of luck to her, I'll talk more extensively about this outside the Status Quo Sunday.

MUSIC NEWS!
About time asshat...

WHAT?
Nothing...

ALL RIGHT THEN.
"TAKE THE OATH" IS NOW OUT ON SOUNDCLOUD AND YOUTUBE!

I have a new song out, called "Take The Oath" inspired by the Oath of the Gatewatch set for Magic The Gathering.




This was a difficult, but also very rewarding song to work on. It's definitely one I had the longest streak of writer's block for, since everything was so pressured to have it out "on time" I just had trouble wrapping my head around it.

I like having the blocks work out to be these miniature concept albums where the Khans block went fast-slow-fast and was about loving dragons, this was about being a group of dorks who fight against Cthulu. At the very least it takes away some of the thematic guesswork out and I have somewhat of an idea where my next steps are going to be.

The next block is Shadows Over Innistrad which takes place in a realm inspired by gothic horror, so either alt-metal or Tom Waits style habberdashery.

NEW DEAL ON BANDCAMP!
Giving away MtG Cards with every tangible order. I have a shitton of some left over promos, and a bunch of commons and uncommons I cracked open from Oath of the Gatewatch. I'm not promising anything spectacular, but some of you out there who are curious about this game I talk about pretty much every week, or you don't keep up with the game regularly, it's a neat little bonus.

CON NEWS!
Omni Expo is still happening! I haven't been promoting it, because I'm too busy finishing up the song, but I'll get to practicing this week!

Hero Hype Con has been confirmed, I just need the time so I can set up the events.

I do not have any concert set up, but I will have a table at Out Con. It was very reasonable, profits go to a good cause, it's only one day. My music is awesome, so I think I can manage. Even better if I have a concert!

Florida Fandomania is shaping up to be HUGE, and I'm listed as a musical guest, so YAY FOR ME!

The best part is I'm going to have a bunch of new material to play for you all, so GET HYPED!






No comments: