Friday, April 25, 2014

Echo Chamber Post Game Episode 77 and 78

THE ERICH AND ERIC SHOW- EPISODE 1

THE ERIC AND ERICH SHOW FEATURING JEFF- EPISODE 0.5

Two episodes for your listening pleasure, but both are pretty laid back, so this recap will be sparse.

-All Wrestlemania talk has been pretty much covered in my appearance on this Heel Turn podcast. Recap? Not as predictable as I was expecting it to be (aside from the main event), and the streak being beaten has lead us from Paul Heyman turning into Paul Heyman, The Most Glorious Motherfucker In Existence, Whose Client BROCK LESNAR Beat The Streak.

-Whenever someone tells me "Uh, you know wrestling's fake, right?", it's a lot like when Guitar Hero and Rock Band were first getting popular, and people would say, "Uh, you know that's not a real guitar, right?" HOLY FUCK GAMESTOP AND VINCE MCMAHON LIED TO ME?!?!?!?

-Yes, Reborn! is an actual thing. I still haven't read the manga.

-Kill La Kill was an absolute blast to watch, and is a lot better than its premise would entail. Is it deep? Eh, it at least has something else going on behind all the skimpiness on the surface. There's also plenty of nice character moments that will keep you watching until the end.

I know, that's part of WHY IT'S FUN.

-Convention talk goes on a lot here. We talk PAX East (which I Missed), QuakeCon (which I would like to visit) and briefly go into Miami Hurricon (which I performed at). 

The more of these things I go to, the more I feel like the less densely populated the state, the more cons there are. Back in NY, there was hardly anything smaller than NYCC, but here in Florida, there's always something going on every couple of weeks. Size and success of said cons varies, but outside of college campuses, these are big meetup spots for younger people.

Plus bars can be fucking expensive. Though a couple places nearby have 2-for-1 beers all night. That's pretty sweet. If there's a con that has 2-for-1 beers...

-Where was I? Oh yeah, so my position on Extrasolar has changed considerably. I had a guy do a thing to help me out, but I am able to go out and explore the planet. It reminds me a little bit of this PC game I played when I was younger, Dinosaur Safari. Don't remember much of it, but the Wiki page has "See Also: Pokemon Snap"

-So to combine all of this together in a completely coherent manner, here's animtor 2Snacks's take on Two Best Friends Play Pokemon Snap.

No comments: