Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Status Quo Sunday Gathers ALL The Magic In Miami

THIS SATURDAY: MIAMI HURRICON!!! 
It's at the Miami Airport Convention Center. I'll be in Ballroom A at 3:30 PM.

You can stop by my table in the dealer's room, we'll hang out, play Magic and talk about whatever!

Now, what are the three things I'm most excited to check out?
1. Hotdiggedydemon- Been a fan of pretty much everything he's done since first catching him on Newgrounds with "Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz!" and judging by his previous panels, they're pretty funny, if not an interesting watch.

2. All The People I Usually See At Florida Based Conventions- Namely, the Bronies of South Florida, Carlos from The Hero Hype Con and Ron from Creator Owned Expo. For a state as spread out and desolate as Florida, this is the closest I've ever been to feeling like I'm part of a scene.

3. The TCGs- Yeah, they got Pokemon and Vanguard, but I got me a Commander Deck that will WRECK SHIT.

SPEAKING OF MAGIC THE GATHERING: While the past week or so was mainly prepping for Miami Hurricon, there was also a Magic The Gathering Pro Tour Qualifer not too far away from me. So, this past Saturday, me and a couple friends took a ride down south to play.

The format was Sealed, where you're given 6 15-card booster packs and have to make a deck out of those. One of my friends got into the Top 8, the other made money by getting into the top 16, and while I didn't win anything, I did pretty well (4-3) with what I had, since I mostly got a bunch of junky rares that were either too expensive/useless, or were in colors that were shallow given the rest of my cards.



In other news, everyone I've sent Act 1 of Status Quo Radio to has enjoyed it, and right now I'm looking to finish it up and have it ready for Kickstarter by July. Mostly it'll be for handling mixing/mastering, and merch production.

See you next week for the Recap!

No comments: