Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Status Quo Sunday Is Feeling The Feels

NEW SONG: "The Most Epic T-Shirt" (From Patreon)


My first Patreon Song, now available to all of you!

This was an idea I had for quite a while, looking at all of those crossover shirts both legitimate (See my song "Think Geek Is Not Nerdcore") and illegitimate (See, like 90% of Redbubble, Etsy and Your Local Con).

So really, why not just make a T-shirt with a million references on them?

And yes, the T-shirt will be real... very soon.

ANIME IWAI IS THIS WEEKEND! Just a reminder of the events I'm going to be at:
Hardcore Nerdcore Punk Rock Featuring Rhythm Bastard Image may contain: 2 people
Saturday, November 11th
3:00 PM- 4:00 PM
Panel Room 2
MY CONCERT! Again, working on the setlist for this one is fun, since I can throw in SO MANY more new songs, and I'm working on having a new piece of merch ready by then.


I just got off of Fantoku: An Orlando Nerd Fest Show, and I'm ready and raring to go with a killer new set!


3000 Brigade Presents: Mushroom High Rules!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Saturday, November 11th
Doors Open at 8:00 PM
Main Events
OR Fast Times At Mushroom High
The 3000 Brigade is the largest active cosplay performance troupe in the country! They are proud and excited to bring their next performance to anime Iwai. It is a comedy variety show with amazing costumes, wild sexy dancing, stage combat, and many of your favorite beloved characters acting very inappropriately. This year marks a decade of 3KB shows. Please come celebrate with us!

3000 Brigade Meet And Greet

Saturday, November 11th
10:00 PM
Main Events

Did you enjoy the show? Did you hate the show? Did you forget to get there early and want to know what you missed? Come and ask any and all questions from the cast and crew of the latest 3KB show.
 

I did this late, and RAW is on, so I'm kinda rushing through all of this.

Iwaivor Series
Image may contain: text
Saturday, November 12th
3:00 PM-4:00 PM
Panel Room 2
A Tag Team Throwdown where you and a partner can pummel your way through the competition to win the Championship Belt! There will be thrills, chills, spills, and maybe one of the commenters will wear a silly costume!

It will be on WCW/NWO Revenge for the Nintendo 64 until we can find another game.
Bring your own Nintendo 64 if you want to ensure that they'll work.

FANTOKU: AN ONF EVENT
https://i2.wp.com/orlandonerdfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/onf-fantoku-logo-announcement.png?w=450
I forgot to post it up on here because I was given the slot 48 hours before the show, and I was ALL HANDS ON DECK preparing. The great thing is that I tried a lot of new stuff with regards to my live act, and it went over well! Look forward to that for future con shows!

I played the opening slot on Saturday, and there were people there ready to rock out! Unfortunately, there might not be much in the way of video, since the stream wasn't up by the time I began.

However, there will be pictures, some of them shirtless!

Overall, it was great to see everyone again after so long. Orlando Nerd Fest's description isn't kidding when they that it's also part family reunion. While Orlando is probably the capital for Nerdcore music, there's a lot of us spread throughout the country, and major events like ONF and MAGFest are good opportunities to reunite with people you've only talked to and worked with online. I got to meet with Twill in person, watch her crush her set with Wreck The System and reenact the infamous MIRACLES! scene, I got to see DJ Roborob after so long, and I reunited cool Orlando guys Marc With A C, Eye Q, Sci-Fried, Jackson Parodi and Ben Briggs.

I challenged the lead singer of Sci-Fried to Hearthstone, because they have a song called "Boom Boom C'Thun". He declined, because he knew what would have happened:



Boxing champion Gul'dan by zippo514
(Picture by Zippo514)
(I'd be Gul'Dan BTW)

For breakout acts, ONF 2015 had (in my opinion) SkyBlew and Navi. This year, was Wreck The System's year to shine. 
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ia3cr1f7gcqzxK1yedEcyXSw-14aMlaZI-2cj2RkRpYFVkgiVvK2yjpwDf4rbTK1mEOwtXjRj0JBh8rlL_sAQ0cPWBt0=w800-h600

Wreck The System are 4 MCs (Cam3, Lady J, Osiris Green and Twill Distilled) who've banded together to create awesome music and put on kick ass shows. Seriously, they were intense and their stage show was well choreographed.

Which I can aprreciate, since 3000 Brigade practice is making my body feel stupid.

JAM OF THE WEEK: "Berserk" by Wreck The System

They have another single that release last month, "Hotel Party", that captures the feeling of 1 AM debauchery on the Friday Night of a con, but this one better shows  their skills on the mic.